“Gem in the heart of Sicily”
Review of Thai Princess

Thai Princess
Ranked #8 of 981 Restaurants in Catania
Price range: US$16 - US$40
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thai Cousine - the East that was missing. A group of friends, moved by passion, founded the first Thai restaurant in the center of Catania, Viale Africa, 31. First in the region, the Siamese cuisine has the privilege of being ranked as one of the finest oriental cuisines of unique tastes, delicious scents and nutritional balance. The preparation of the dishes is a true expression of culinary art: carved fruit decorations that adorn the delicate dishes, precious aromas with combinations of herbs, spices and market-fresh ingredients, all of these elements make this tradition famous all over the world. The fragrant Jasmine rice is the main ingredient of Thai cuisine, vegetables are used to accompany the food, the spices are the base for sauces, sweet and sour, curry, ginger, cumin. Fish is a staple food,and is cooked in the most varied ways.The grilled chicken with spicy sauces, fried or marinated; veal and pork are both widely used as well as the coconut milk. The "Thai Princess" was created with the intention of proposing original and exclusive tastes of Thai haute cuisine and is believed to be a point of reference not only for the thai community in Catania but also nation wide, thanks to the help of professional chefs graduated from prestigious Wandee Culinary School of Bangkok .
Seattle, Washington
“Gem in the heart of Sicily”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We are from the US and traveled extensively in Asia so very accustomed to Thai Food. Currently living in (northern) Italy and miss having Thai food here as it is not common. Found Thai Princess on a recent family vacation to Sicily and were delighted with the food, service and atmosphere. Very authentic and flavorful food. Beautiful setting. Friendly service. Would definitely recommend it for a different experience in Italy.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank mbpdx99

• Thai first
Catania, Italy
“If you like 'spicy'! ;p”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I went with a party of about 9 people--I THINK we had reservations. The building itself it quite lovely--great 'bone' structure inside! Loved the look & the decor...the staff was friendly & the service was good. Prices can be 'pricey' depending on what you order. The food. I may be a bit biased on rating it as 'average' b/c I do not like 'spicy' food. Most everything, obviously, was spicy which left me very little choice of menu. In most 'spicy' restaurants, you can order something spicy but ask the chef to make it mild. While they did do that on some plates, it was very limited. We all received large portions of what we ordered & from all accounts, everyone enjoyed their food. Overall, I loved the restaurant itself. If I was a 'spicy' eater & if they had more mild selections or made more 'spicy' plates 'mild, I think I would give it a higher rating. However, at this time, due to limited selections in the 'mild' category, it is not a place that I will likely frequent again. But, If you like 'spicy', then this place may rate or 4 or more for you! :D

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Wesnmacke
Sicily, Italy
“Unimpressed ”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

This seems to be the only Thai restaurant on the island in this area so we had to give it a try. After all the positive reviews, I was expecting something fabulous. What I got was blah... Portions were small and the food took a really long time. Also expensive. It took about an hour and we were like the only ones there. Had some standard dishes that I can't remember because they weren't that great. Decor was nice. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and go back again and hope another reviewer is right that the 2nd time was the charm.

3 Thank Elle_H80