“Thank god for them one random night”
Review of Hotel Villa Romeo

Hotel Villa Romeo
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Catania
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were originally slated to stay with family in Palermo but our plans changed at the last minute so we had made our way back to Catania late one evening and found this hotel with a Bed and Breakfast. It is off a main road pretty close to all the attractions and down this small shady looking road, but once you walk through the doors you are completely stunned. We went in late that night and were given a room in the B&B King for 60 euros which included breakfast. Our room was down a lot of long hallways but what we found through hidden doors was this amazingly cool place. These doorways led to secret courtyards and hallways to this whole hidden world. The room was pretty big and clean, it opened up onto the courtyard that was connected to the restaurant. It was a beautiful view. We had a very good night and breakfast the next morning was really good especially the warm croissants. When I go back to Catania I am going to try and stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 8Nikki8
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villa Romeo

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed in Hotel Romeo for five nights during my first visit to Sicily. I booked only one night before arriving as I was not sure if I would want to stay any longer. It was easy to book the additional four nights as the hotel and rooms were clean, the room was cooled by A/C and my room had a view onto an open-air roof top patio. The patio is beautifully arranged with large plants and furniture; a nice place to enjoy breakfast or relax as cooler evening air blows in from the sea. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. I was in Catania for work, but found myself unable to do so because my airline temporarily “lost” a bag containing equipment which proved to be difficult to replace. Francesco, the front desk manager, was exceptionally helpful and graciously called non-English speakers on my behalf to locate replacement equipment.
I recommend Hotel Romeo and will certainly go back!

Room Tip: Request a room which overlooks one of the roof top patios, one of which is enclosed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is conveniently situated close to the rail and bus stations with frequent services to the airport.
The majority of the rooms are grouped around a central terrace with plants and flowers. This terrace can also be used for breakfasting. The breakfast is more than adequate.
I had a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the terrace. This was well designed and furnished including a fridge. The spacious en-suite shower room & bedroom were spotlessly clean. The staff were always kind, attentive & helpful.
The only drawback as far as I could see was the paucity of restaurants in the near vicinity, necessitating a walk of some 10 to15 minutes to find alternatives.
On my return to Catania I shall certainly stay at the Villa Romeo again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Martin1939
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I just returned from a tour of Sicily and we stayed in this hotel twice. The first room was nice, but the second room was a disaster. The shower didn't drain properly and the water sprayed everywhere, the blow dryer had duct tape around the hose, and the air conditioning didn't provide enough cool air. Many of our traveling companions also had similar experiences, one even said there was mold in the bathroom, another reported no shower curtain. Definitely not a repeat stay if we return to Catania.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maggie M
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Our second time staying here.

Just as good as the first time, although the room was smaller this time. We were advised that it was the quietest room available and it lived up to that reputation.

Breakfast was very much up to standard as was the terrace, which we didn't make much use of because of the heat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank williamanderson
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My first visit to Catania and what luck to have chosen Hotel Villa Romeo - the pictures on the website are a true reflection of the hotel. Located 2 min walk away from Central station - it is easy to locate - especially when arriving from the airport. My room was AMAZINGLY huge, modern and very very peaceful especially with my small balcony overlooking the terrace. The staff are the friendliest and most accommodating I have ever met - and I have stayed in many hotels throughout Italy. They will do their utmost to sort anything out for you even arranging my trip to Etna. The only thing that put me off to begin with was the location is not the 'nicest' or 'prettiest' part of Catania, but it is only a 5 minute walk to the main attractions - and after the first day there, I really did not notice.

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking the terrace...a great way to wake up!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We spent 5 nights in May 2013 in this small heaven. Everything was perfect: clean, quiet, well served by an efficient and well educated personnel. The proximity of the central train and bus stations make it even more interesting and helps much in visiting Sicily. The rooms are fully equipped with TV set (only italian programs) and wi fi.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

Room Tip: rooms opening to the interior garden are quieter and the view is beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family