All reviews piazza duomo fish market pleasant stay open the window etna tour hot water the ground floor rooms are spacious min walk city centre daniele hostel edina apartment street necessities mould
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Since the response to my first review was only that over 8 years Globetrotter has received good reviews, I feel compelled to respond. This B and B was the worst place we stayed of the 8 or so places we stayed in Sicily. To say you usually get good reviews has nothing to do with the awful experience we had. The dog feces in front of our door remained in plain view and smell for about 9 hours. Running out of almost all breakfast items 30 minutes before the time Breakfast was to be served is inexcusable. Giving us a room with no towels and not addressing that problem for quite some time despite my complaining 3 times is also inexcusable. What were the owners thinking leaving the damaged painting above our bed? It should have been removed. Why was there a totally broken unusable chest of drawers in our room? Why were there dirty drapes left in our room falling off their holders? Totally shabby and unacceptable. Try doing more than telling me you usually get good reviews.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
DaniGlobetrotter, Proprietario at Bed & Breakfast Catania Globetrotter, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear guest,
we are so sorry about your complains but we think that your case was very unlucky and unfortunately for us some circumstances happened at the same time and made your stay unacceptable. We have more than 10 years experience and more than 1 thousand reviews. Yours was very severe and will not allow to survive even 6 months so I’d like to make it clear and explain about your points : 1)TOWELS: I spoke with the cleaning lady who told me that in that 2 days the washing machine has just broken and we had also 2 days’ rain which made our service slower and this was the reason because we gave you some towels (Not ALL) the day after. 2)BREAKFAST: is served punctually by the staff who take care about of all the clients and our way is sitting everybody on the same table so they can meet and get to know each other. Breakfast consists of coffee, the, cappuccino, milk, chocolate, fresh bread, cereals, croissants, cookies, toast, salami, cheese, jam and nutella.3) PICTURES CUT: 2 weeks ago we hosted a family with a child and because the picture is next to the bed he fell on it and made this small hole as you can see also in our pictures on the website room n.5 4) Dogs faeces: we cannot control dogs and cats who are around the area and free and when we got this we immediately cover it with some earth and it was removed when the cleaning lady came 5) SMOKING: this is totally unacceptable because we are on the ground floor and we have a nice bench next to our entrance with an outdoor ashtray just because of that so nobody can have more pleasure then smoking outside .

sincerely

the direction

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We read all the good reviews of Globetrotter and stayed 3 days in mid October. Our room, next to the office had a broken dresser, drapery that was dirty and one side was dragging on the floor, unhinged from the top. The picture above the bed had two gashes in it as though it had been stabbed. We kept asking for towels which finally came an hour later but no bath towels. At breakfast the next two morings we arrived about thirty minutes before the end of the time of service and they had run out of most items. One of the staff members was a chain smoker inside the main room. On the second day there was dog feces next to the entrance and it was covered over with dirt.
Staff was not curteous and mostly seemed bothered by our questions. I suspect this place used to be better run, but nobody at present seems to be supervising. The place needs some serious attention to maintenance of the property and a more unified helpful approach to dealing with clients. This was the only place in our three week stay in Sicily that we found unacceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed at Globetrotter a while back, and had a great experience! The lady at reception (Silvia) was particularly helpful. She explained everything I needed to know about the B&B and the city; I felt like an expert when I was finished talking with her!

The rooms themselves are nice and the location is superb.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The title explains everything pretty much but lets go in details. My friends and i booked a 4 person room, which was way better than our expectations from a B&B room. The staff, especially Silvia, is very kind and helpful. The staff can communicate well in many different languages, which is also rare in Sicily. The location is very central. Breakfast is also satisfying. I guess we couldn't be happier with out experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends