“Good Food Decent Price”
Review of Il Mirto e la Rosa

Il Mirto e la Rosa
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Il Mirto e la Rosa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 1,801 Restaurants in Palermo
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Politeama
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Ate there tonight and thankfully we turned up early as it gets full very quickly.

The staff struggke to keep up and there was a queue while we were eating. (Good sign)

We forgive the less personable service as they were rushed off there feet and they were clearly doing their best to keep on top

Food was of a good standard, though I was disappointed that the displayed menu didnt match the provided as I had chosen a meal no longer available.

I ended up wuth frittura calamari (extremely nice) though I received a rogue french fry with it. My partner had a Pork in Marsala sauce (not quite what she expected in terms of the sauce but the onion chutney was very good.

The biggest thing to waot for is the pudding which is of a panna cotta style, but it was infused with apple and cinnamon with a cinnamon cream and biscotti. My partner assures me this was excellent and by far the best bit!!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We went there for dinner. We wanted to seat outside but all the tables were taken. without hesitation and without even asking the servers took a table from inside and set it up outside for us. First good impression. Overall the service was good and friendly.
The food and wine were excellent with local products.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

i take groups on tours, and ate here pretour with some friends. I adore it! everything was a little special and not traditional, had their spin on it.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Go for the antipasti and try them all! I loved all of them and almost regretted not only ordering them as they were all very great. As was the cannelloni I had as main course, but not as great. Service lacks a bit, but nothing bad. Very fair priced!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This restaurant was right outside our hotel (Cristal Palace) and came recommended. The food was fine, nothing special, quite small portions. The atmosphere was very flat, we were sat inside though as no space outside. Plus points for convenience.