“tourist trap”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Politeama
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The place looks nice and posh, but it is a classic tourist trap and - although we are quite experienced travellers - we didn't recognize as such. We payed 90 euro for two, the "pasta ai funghi porcini" was prepared with dried mushrooms, the kind you find in any superstore. It was really tasteless. But worse was to come: the "pasta alla bottarga". This bottarga was extremely salty and after eating it, I was sick for the rest of the week. Jan&Anita, belgian journalists.

1  Thank TROYER G

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We had a good time. The head waiter was great. Caponata appetizer was plentiful but a bit greasy. Pasta was very good.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have eaten here before my best friend wedding. The place is very nice and my experience with the waiters was much better than that described by the previous reviewers. I had tuna fish in casserole, my friends had pistachos' paccheri. Everything was very good but I was lucky not to loose a tooth while eating since one of the olives' kernels was still in the food and it was a miracle I did not break one of the teeth :) But the restaurants was alright. Not the best one I have been to and the price/quality ratio makes it a little bit expensive (25 euros for a first course, dessert with no wine).

Reviewed 4 July 2013

The food was ok, but the service was awful. You don't feel welcome. Even if you speak Italian, they do no effort to explain to you what is in the menu. The wine was rushed at your glasses (and spilled over the table), but you are not given the opportunity to taste it before they serve it. Last but not least, you find out that prices in the menu do NOT include VAT, so when you add coperto + service + VAT you end up paying much more than expected. No, thanks.

2  Thank pelargon
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Recommended very highly by two different hotel staff members but was disappointing in so many ways that one has to believe there is some sort of kickback to the hotel staff. In fact, having traveled all around the world getting recommendations from hotel concierge, this was by far the worst recommendation I have ever received. The major shortfall was the incredible rush and impersonal service from the moment we arrived. Throughout the meal restaurant staff kept looking over at our table to see if they could remove our plates. The appetizer arrived almost immediately and the first course arrived before we had finished the appetizer. The prices were not unreasonable but the food was mediocre. The grilled fish plate was plentiful but was overcooked and only warm when it arrived and cold by the time I finished half of it. The veal al limone came with a brown sauce rather than the traditional light lemon sauce and the meat itself was less than tender. Clearly a place for tourists rather than locals who know better.

2  Thank tom451