“Jewel in the Town”

Hotel Columbia Palermo
Ranked #20 of 98 Hotels in Palermo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

A very pleasant hotel ideally located in central Palermo. Everywhere worth visiting in Palermo can be walked within minutes of this hotel.

The service was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were plain but spotless. The breakfast was good and plentiful.

Room Tip: I gather there is a disco to the rear of the building albeit we didn't personally hear it. I sug...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Palermo is a city of contrasts, you probably either love or hate it. We love it (apart from the driving!) After many visits we finally hit upon the Hotel Columbia and were so happy we did. It is reasonably priced, in a great central location with lovely staff and extremely clean rooms. The bed was the comfiest I've slept in for a long time and lovely plump pillows - which is more than can be said for many 5* places. Great breakfast to. Thoroughly recommended. Is it a scary location? Well, you do have to pass a rubbish pile and lots of graffiti but that's part of its charm! I wouldn't change Palermo for the world!

Room Tip: Very narrow street and not very easy to find if you're driving. Take out full insurance! Our r...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Viv B
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Altrough the neigbourhood of hotel is a bit scary, the hotel itself is very nice. I want say extra thank you to extreamly friendly staff - don't remember the names, but few gentlemans in check in desk were very kind. The rooms were clean, and quiet. Breakfast was good, better, than in other places where we stopped during our trip. Also the location is good - old town is right near with couple of cheap but good tavernas.

We liked this place!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank WGS63
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This review is about the room I was in 207 and I have given the hotel three stars because the staff are lovely, they are very attentive and friendly, the hotel is clean, breakfast is continental, which I enjoy, and the location is fantastic. So this is a critique of the room, and hotel side I was on, not the personnel.

A friend and i had a package and were booked in a twin. On the night we arrived we were given a twin that was very quiet. We had no luggage as it had been lost in transit and we were there for six six nights. It was very small, especially for six nights so when we saw the twin room next door, the next morning, with balcony we asked for an upgrade. We were told it would be noisy but we thought traffic and as we had got in past midnight the night before and saw there wasn't much traffic we thought nothing of it. It was bitter sweet because the room was big, light and airy and had lovely views but it was also a nightmare, from 10pm until 4 am. The music was so loud we couldn't believe that all around us people lived in it and that the hotel hadn't lobbied to end it. After all it's their business and three flights of rooms look over it. Especially, apparently the singles. My friend shared her two sleeping tablets with me as she is pretty much insomniac and I managed to get some broken sleep. In the morning we began our day, we were tired but we loved Palermo and also we liked the hotel, its location and staff so we forgot about the noise until we had to go to sleep. In addition, it was so close to everything that when nearby we could go back and rest for an hour or so in the afternoon. But at nights we basically woke, slept, tossed and despaired. When I spoke to the lovely night Concierge about it he said just to ring when the music was unbearable and he would call the police. Well the first night i rang, it made no difference. The next night I rang, and told him I couldn't stand it anymore and he said he could even hear it from the bottom floor which was a hell of a lot more isolated than we were. It was that loud. But the police must have gone around because it was turned down, ALOT! And it was that loud thurs, fri, sat and sun. I stayed an extra night, (mon) because i was so tired and needed to think to continue my solo travels and was given a double room that was really quiet. I got 10 hours sleep that night and i thank the staff there for organising that for me. So if you book the hotel, and cant stand loud music, do not book the rooms that face away from the street the hotel is on. Room 208 is included in that.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank huntinginthejungle
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This was my first visit to Sicily so I wasn't too sure where to stay for my first stop in Palermo. I am pleased to say that this hotel was perfect for me. The location was great and the room was comfortable. The selection of food for breakfast was also good. The night staff were very friendly and very helpful. I actually stayed on another night because of the information and recommendations they made. The only negative would be the day reception staff. They had no personality and it was like they didn't want to be there. All up though a good stay in Palermo.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo