“Alexander”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Politeama
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

It's very comfortable place to visit. The food is great, service is wonderful! We ordered fish and it was super. Chief compliment is a small but very nice thing! Thanks a lot for nice evening!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had an excellent dinner here in September and I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting or even locals looking for a nice meal. The space was modern, yet welcoming. I loved all the pictures on the wall. Unlike many of Palermo's establishments, the restaurant was quite! There was plenty of space between tables and a sense of privacy within a public space. Presentation of the food was impeccable.
For an appetizer, I had the the affumicati di mare. The fish was fresh and delicious, drizzled with a bit of olive oil and salt. For the primo, I had paccheri in a tenerumi puree with chopped tomatoes and a bit of sword fish. The dish was light, yet filling, with the swordfish cooked perfectly. We finished off the evening with the martini glass fruit cup with lemon granita - Again, light and delicious. We also had a nice a bottle of red wine from the Etna region.
Total cost was around 90 Euro for 1 antipasto, 2 primi, 1 secondo, 2 dolci, 1 bottle of wine, 2 bottles of water
I don't remember much about the server, but they had a working knowledge of english, as it was in downtown Palermo.
My only complaint / suggestion is that I would like to have had a larger wine list; I remember there only being a few types of red, with the most expensive bottle costing about 20 Euro.

1  Thank Rosalie212
Reviewed 5 November 2013

For us it was one of the worst dining experiences in Sicily both in terms of service and food. For starters, it was quite difficult to find the place: It is located in an unwelcoming area of the city. The room is extremely tiny, and we really felt crunched. Then, the server spilt the water and the wine. My fish was absolutely tasteless and severely overdone. I wish I had returned the dish. All in all, my husband and I were really underwhelmed. In addition, everything was really overpriced compared to much nicer restaurants where we had a chance to dine later. I would not recommend this place.

1  Thank Yalta10
billinyc, Proprietario at Sesto Canto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Kind Yalta10,
reading your review there is doubt that you are speaking about the wrong restaurant.
First of all we are a short walk from one of the most central and most beautiful squares of Palermo.
In any case, from what you writes, nothing allows us to identify our place. We do not remember that our staff has split water or wine. If an accident like that would happened, we would have apologized.
To Finish, regardless of the fact that the restaurant you are referring is our or not, we like to think that you enjoyed our beautiful city and you'll find other restaurant live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This restaurant came very highly recommended on Tripadvisor and it certainly lived up to its reputation. The whole experience of this small but fantastic restaurant was nothing but great, the food, the owners and the atmosphere. Definitely should be tried the fish was just wonderful, in fact everything we had was just amazing.

2  Thank Adelaide23
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had a wonderful lunch at this small, elegant restaurant. The menu is small with simple but delicious dishes. Starting with a lovely appetiser and after primi and secundo piatti a great desert. All accompanied with a good wine. Highly recommended

2  Thank Dutchbennie