“Classical Sicily in Palermo”

Grand Hotel Villa Igiea - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #2 of 101 Hotels in Palermo
Houston
“Classical Sicily in Palermo”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The Hotel Igieia is a touch of grandness from centuries of yore. One can harken back to the times of the turn of the last century to the early 1900's and have a sense of what it was like to be a pampered guest in this fine hotel. The staff was forever solicitous and friendly. Breakfast buffet was first rate and special requests were tended to be cheerfulness. The grounds are beautiful and the facilities are first class. We had a very comfortable room.
While a bit off the beaten path from Centro Storico, the shuttles ease the burden and taxis are always available. I suggest you make sure what the fare is expected to be before you get in as sometimes the rates can be quite, shall we say, variable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

VitoGiglio, Direttore at Grand Hotel Villa Igiea - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for having reviewed the Grand Hotel Villa Igiea.
I really appreciated your words on the style and atmosphere of the villa.I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your time with us.
I and my staff we thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you to Palermo.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Roende, Denmark
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed for two nights in this great hotel.... and everything was perfect.
Our room was towards the hill int this is not optimal - but everything else was optimal in this charming hotel with a very good location.
The breakfast was fantastic - and the staff very kind and helpfull.
We also loved the garden and the pool area.
So if we go back to Palermo, we definately will stay in Villa Igiea agaín.
Knud Riis Johansen

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Knud Riis J
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for having reviewed the Grand Hotel Villa Igiea.
When, this morning, I read your comments to my entire team, we were very proud of the work we are doing and to be part of this wonderful hotel.
I and my staff we thank you and we look forward to welcoming you to Palermo.
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 10 December 2013

A splendid hotel with beautiful view overlooking the harbor, probably one of the nicest hotel in Palermo. However, be careful and read the conditions when you register your device with Wi-Fi, otherwise, it is possible that you will be charged 9€/per day for each device you connect to Wi-Fi in the room. I don't understand why they don't provide free wifi access in such a high standard hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I thank you for having reviewed the Grand hotel Villa Igiea.
Your review enables us to improve our services .
I and my staff we thank you and we look forward to welcoming you to Palermo again.

Hertfordshire
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had booked this hotel a long time ago, before travelling I looked at reviews, on reading reviews I very nearly cancelled the booking. There were four of travelling together and I had not mentioned the reviews I had read. So on arrival I felt quite anxious, some of the reviews gave the impression that the staff were rude and unfriendly, I think they must have been at a different hotel. Every member of staff that we spoke to over the 4 days we were there were friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them. The hotel itself is just lovely. The restaurant was great and served some really good food. The hotel is in such a lovely location and it is quite nice that it is away from the town. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adelaide23
Dear Guest ,
Thank you for having reviewed the Grand Hotel Villa Igiea.
When I read your comments to my entire team, we were very proud of the work we are doing and to be part of this wonderful hotel.
I and my staff we thank you and we look forward to welcoming you to Palermo.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We had 4 days at this lovely place, with a lovely old but well maintained building, helpful staff, great breakfasts and a lovely set of grounds that make it very easy to relax.
Loved the pool area, with its outlook over the Mediterranean and the marina.
A lovely quiet oasis close to lots to do in Palermo

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. I'm glad to know you're satisfied of your journey in Gran Hotel Villa Igiea.
I hope to welcome you again in Palermo.

Best Regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Beautifully maintained and historic hotel with wonderful staff and facilities. Wine list excellent but take the sommelier's advice o find best buys. Food very good, but a little limited at lunch/ dinner in terms or variety . Three star food in a 4/5 star environment.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

VitoGiglio, Direttore at Grand Hotel Villa Igiea - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for posting the Grand Hotel Villa Igiea on Tripadvisor.
Comments and suggestions on stays of our guests are always very important for us, to maintain the high quality of our service and, where necessary, to grow and improve continuously.

We sincerely hope to welcome you once again at our hotel.

Best regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Fab location - away from it all - but everything is still accessible. Fabulous food and attention to proper 'old fashioned' standards of how to serve and present the fare! Great rooms and fab comfort - with and enviable view over the marina and all the huge boats not many could afford!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,

thanks for writing your review on Tripadvisor. Your comments about your stay at our hotel, gratify us and encourage us to continue to do our job in the best way and to guarantee a service at the highest level.

We hope to see you again at the Grand Hotel Villa Igiea.

Best regards,