“Disgusting, overpriced and idiot staff”
Review of Peppino - CLOSED

Peppino
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Politeama
Neighbourhood: Politeama
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This place is terrible. From the outside its looks very cousy and friendly, but that is the only positive thing. The food was really terrible. The meat was cooked to the bone. Side dishes were overpriced. 6 euros for a couple of French fries. But the absolute worst was the staff. Totally disrespectful. Only thing they cared was billing you to the max and getting you out of the place as soon as possible. They even 'forgot' the change. Dont go here!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Before Peppino, I believed that Sicilian waiters understood the needs of a client better than the client himself. Peppino is certainly the exception, and it is the certainly the last time that I let them choose. The house wine and the first course suggested by Peppino were on the average, as quality goes, while the tasteless and chompy fish steak (I did not get the name) had certainly been frozen, despite the claims of the contrary. The final “limoncello” was a sweet syrup with strange flavor and color, unable to kill the aftertaste of the fish. I could not complain about the unexpectedly high price since no price had been quoted by the master. Tourist bewhare!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

It is a very traditional restaurant in the center of Palermo. We had one of the best carbonara dishes I have ever had in Sicily. We also had all the traditional antipasti of sicily which were recommended by the owner - sweet cute typical sicilian guy - and the the pizza is also great!!! thin crusted and perfectly cooked!!! Great place to have lunch or dinner

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Note to self, read the other reviews on here BEFORE trying a restaurant. Pizzas were okay but my starter hadn't been cooked properly and trust me potato croquettes with a still-frozen centre are bloody awful. The waiter took them away and brought some others that he just chucked onto my plate without a hint of apology.

Indifferent staff, insipid food. Try somewhere else.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Monday night and the restaurants we liked (particularly il vespro) were shut. There seemed to be a few people inside looking happy and so we thought it would do. The waiter was pleasant enough but soon we noticed that the other tables were actually a German tour group, not local or individuals. And thoughts of little chef or motorway cafes somehow entered my mind. The tour group was so rowdy I don't suppose they noticed what they were eating. The seafood risotto was very much like a reconstituted packet one, the fritto misto pesce was like fried rubber bands, too tough for my husband who gave up. I had a glass of wine. Trying to get the bill took ages and when it came it was so huge, we decided to query it and found we had been charged for a whole bottle of wine. Service and a cover charge were already included as well. A great pity as this was our last evening in Palermo and we and enjoyed such nice meals elsewhere. Even it it is Monday, keep looking for somewhere else....