Massimo Plaza Hotel
US$76
US$742
US$452
  • Restaurant
All reviewsopera houselong flight of stairssmall hotelbreakfast served in the roomyour luggagepedestrian streetfantastic locationwelcome drinkno liftclose to the hoteleach morningbalcony overlookinga wonderful staywithin easy walking distancefirst floorrental carspecial thanks
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on occasions and I cannot fault this hotel! Incredibly lovely and friendly staff who speak excellent English. Room was lovely, clean, comfortable and nice and cool. Fantastic location and visiting Massimo Teatro (seen from our balcony) was a highlight. My hotel of choice in Palermo. A++

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights as I had a ticket to the Opera. Ideal location, as the Opera house is across the street. I had a spacious room that was tended to daily, breakfast in the room, a chocolate left on my pillow every day/night upon my return :)
I can't possibly say enough nice things about the staff, they are special. Jenny, Sylvia, Francesca, MariaGrazia, Piero... just the names I got to write down before I left- you are all wonderful and were key to making me smile in Palermo. Just so you know, I received my parcel you all helped me with to package & send! As I've done what I wanted to in Palermo, I can't say I'd go back, but if I did; well this is where I'd stay, grazie tutti, voi siete tesori (insert heart here). Cara Jenny, dimmi quando vieni a trovarmi ;)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wildflowers94
Reviewed 27 July 2014

When we looked for, decided based on its best situation Downtown. Excelent!
When you arrive do not imagine that, inside, will find so nice ambient, facilities, and very much in special, so absolutely friendly, professional, and dedicated actitude of all the services at any time.
Many thansk to all de team for making our trip so agreeable. Please don not never loose this ability.

Room Tip: Do not permit the first view at the door to make influence in your opinion....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Massimo Plaza is situated close to shopping, restaurants and it is right across the street from the beautiful Teatro Massimo. The staff are very friendly and helpful - we arrived by car during the day when the street is restricted to vehicular traffic and we were stopped by the police just metres from the hotel. I phoned the desk and they sent a staff member out with a printed copy of our reservation and spoke with the officer to open the barricade. We were impressed by this level of service! Our room was very tastefully decorated with a comfortable bed and nice furniture. The hotel lobby is a long flight of stairs up from the street and although it didn't bother us, we did notice a couple with mobility problems that were quite winded after the climb. There is a small, cash 'surcharge' due upon checkout but I think this is common in Palermo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LakesiderToronto
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Just returned from a stay there three days ago. This was our first trip to Palermo and this hotel made our stay very enjoyable. The staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Clean, safe and comfortable it was a perfect spot from which to explore the city. There were three of us and we stayed in a "triple" and this is my one problem I had with this property. It was really two beds and a fold-out sofa in the sitting area. A fold-out with the thinnest mattress I'd ever seen on a sofa bed. My friend did not sleep well on it and we even tried to make a better mattress out of the sofa cushions but this just made it worse. Don't list this room as a triple if this is your definition. We would have easily booked a second room if we knew this ahead of time. Just list it as a double with a fold-out that can sleep an additional two.
Other than this, I think this is a great property and the staff wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends