Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$70
View deal
Expedia.comUS$106
PricelineUS$76
Hotels.comUS$106
TravelocityUS$106
FindHotel
Orbitz.comUS$106
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

We are 2 cyclists and they were helpful with extra requests, i.e. stori g the bikes or providinig some tools
Mr Trieste, the manager, even helped us park for free in front of the hotel for few hours.
They were trying to accomodate every request (i.e. they served us breakfast at 6.45 instead of 7am) so we could leave early for our bike ride
Overall superioi customet service
Good facility
Nice breakfast with cake croissants and fresh fruit
Nice room and good wifi
Good staff

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DirezioneTonic, Direttore at Hotel Tonic, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this beautiful review. We are really happy to read that you had a good stay experience with us, and that our staff was helpful in accomodating your requests. We are also glad to read that you appreciated our rooms and services and that you enjoyed our breakfast! We look forward to having you back as our guest during your next visits in Sicily and in the meanwhile we would like to send you our kindest regards.

The Direction

Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

I arrived at this hotel exhausted after traveling from the US for 24 hours, with no luggage (the airline left it in one of my connections) and was greeted with so much warmth...This was a great start of my short, 2 night stay and this cozy hotel. They don't offer in-room dining but Angela at the front desk offered to order food for me...yes, comfort food, a big plate of spaghetti. This was a sign that I would get excellent service and I did.

It is located in a nice area of the city center and walking distance to restaurants, shopping, theater and churches. The only meal served is breakfast and is included with the room rate. The beds could use a mattress change but the rooms and bathrooms are spacious. I stayed on the first floor, I would recommend a higher floor noise level is high from the traffic and the people walking by at all hours.

I was satisfied with the service and overall experience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

Stayed in this old grand hotel with my family for 5days.receptionist were helpful and sweet.rooms were spacious.though it need some morden fittings but the friendly attitudes of staff compensate the lacking.breakfast buffet is small but well organised.will not be bad idea to remain there with family without any tenson

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank subashchandram2015
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Rooms are spacious and clean..loved the tradional kind of designs..staffs are very nice and helpful..they will help u with places n maps..they speak english n accent could easily be understood..it is close to the market. Restaurants are near..breakfast buffet was also nice. variety was less but manageable..overally perfect to stay..

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2015

This place boasts a great location in the city centre - you're in walking distance to lots of wonderful restaurants, the seaport and the city centre.
The rooms are a bit old-fashioned, but spotless clean. It's annoying that they turn the air-condition off, as soon as you’d leave to hotel during the day. Whenever you’d come back, it would be warm and it took a while until it had cooled down again. I guess they do this to save money…
I could live with all of that - but the staff at the reception is terrible. After check-in three of them (two were strong men) watched my retired mother struggling with the suitcase... up those stairs... without lifting a finger, chatting happily along.
The whole parking situation is solved in a totally unsatisfying manner by the hotel. There is garage (10 minutes away - about 17 Euros per night) to have your car parked safely over night... however on the weekend - if I remember correctly - you can only get it out between 8am and 10am and only bring it back after 8.30pm (and till 10pm). Apart from the fact that this is far from customer friendly... the problem is that the staff only tells you about this once and very briefly. None of this information is written down anywhere! And God help you if you come back too early or want your car inbetween... tough luck.
Furthermore all dealings with the staff at the reception are time-consuming, cumbersome and marked by unfriendliness. Check-in took forever, getting the passport back after it being copied took ages ("Oh, where has it gone?!"); and don't expect to get useful information about tourist attractions, opening hours or even local restaurants.

I need to stress that all this criticism only concerns the people at the reception. The chambermaids were utterly helpful and nice. And the lady serving the breakfast (it's ok... nothing special though) was wonderful and very kind. She went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and welcome.

So: All in all this is good value for price. Great location, decent rooms, good rates. It's just that I expect the staff at the reception to treat guests with hospitality... and not as a nuisance. Their repeated unfriendliness spoiled our stay considerably.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Cyril_the_traveler13