This hotel occupies a stately old building which I feel has seen better days. Maybe we drew the short straw on this occasion but our room was small and rather cramped and the bathroom even worse - poor design of limited space. Initially we were given a room number which did not exist and which involved trailing back to reception (no porterage) and when we obtained the key of our room the door would not open due to a faulty lock and several members of staff tried to open it - which happened eventually. This was annoying after a long day's journey when we just wanted to refresh. We were told there were no other rooms available. There is a very small area for guests to sit and very expensive and erratic wifi in rooms. A rare provision of a kettle was in the room but with very dried up packets of milk. Slippers but no robes. The saving grace was possibly breakfast which was good. We also used the hotel restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Palermo Excelsior is located in the Liberty style area of the city and is surrounded by the English Garden, Villa Garibaldi, Villa Trabia, close to the shopping area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Palermo Excelsior City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Hilton Palermo Hotel Palermo
- Hilton Palermo
- Mercure Palermo Excelsior City Sicily