This Hilton is a former Palazzo, and the conversion to an hotel is not entirely seamless. Our room was fine, with comfortable bed and good amenities - others in the tour group fared less well - one "single" room was, apparently, windowless, with a roof light, so take care!
The restaurant and bar area is recently, stylishly refurbished, and the food (breakfasts) were excellent. We had dinner the first night, and although my food was fine, my wife's steak was not. It did however not appear on the bill, so no problem. Staff were excellent and helpful.
Hotel is an easy (and safe) walk into town, with its night life and restaurants. There is no hotel swimming pool.
We liked the Hilton - others were less sure about it. The hotel maintained the brand standards of service and (in our case) comfort and we enjoyed our stay. Another reviewer's "old world charm" sums it up - and yes, the DIY canoli were fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Palermo Excelsior is located in the Liberty style area of the city and is surrounded by the English Garden, Villa Garibaldi, Villa Trabia, close to the shopping area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Palermo Excelsior City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Hilton Palermo Hotel Palermo
- Hilton Palermo
- Mercure Palermo Excelsior City Sicily