We stayed here as part of the Central Holidays tour to Sicily. This is supposedly a four-star hotel. They have got to be kidding! The room is so spartan and small, it looks like it should be part of a monastery. There is barely any storage room except for 3 tiny half-drawers in a closet - none in the room, nor even in the night tables or desk?? We lived out of a suitcase for 3 days. There was mold in the bathroom. The only amenities were 2 small bottles of all-purpose shower and hair gel. All of us had trouble with our room card keys. I had to go back down to the desk 3 times in one day, because the card would not open the door. I think the kicker is that they will not print out boarding passes for customers nor is there any facility to do it for oneself. They told me I had to go to one of the Internet stores in the area. I had to first find one that was open (stores close from 12:30 to 3:30). When I finally did get to one, they asked for all kinds of ID (passport, but apparently this is standard procedure although I was not comfortable doing this). So, I wasted about 2 hours trying to print my boarding pass for the next day. A four-star hotel not printing a boarding pass? NO WAY! This hotel was a major disappointment as was Central Holidays for using this hotel four our tour. Also, Central Holidays posts the hotels they use on their website, but do not use them. They posted 3 hotels for this Sicily Tour and we did not stay at any one of them. We were only informed 3 weeks prior to the start of the tour when our travel documents arrived. In fact, we did not even stay in Taormina at the beginning of the tour (see report on Hellenia Yachting in Giardini-Naxos). Stay somewhere else. Also, the staff was not at all helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Older Hotel located in town center, 500 meters from train station or port, 40 km from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grande Albergo Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Sole Palermo, Sicily
- Grande Albergo Sole Hotel Palermo