See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Currently staying at this hostel and I love it! The owner Sonia makes it feel more like a B&B then a hostel. She's so nice! Our rooms are cleaned daily and fresh foot and hand towels are laid out. The staff is great too. One of the staff members asked us if we needed any suggestions regarding places to eat and see. It was more than appreciated. He also gave us a detailed tour of the hostel when we checked in to make sure we felt right at home. If you're looking for a clean and friendly hostel...Your hostel is the place to be! I would come back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I loved how large the hostel was. It takes up an entire building! he first floor is the reception, with two computers, the second floor has bedrooms and bathrooms, the third floor has a kitchen, a living room and additional computers, along with more bedrooms, and the top floor is the roof. This was a welcome change. Nearly all hostels I stayed at during my trip were no bigger than a large apartment!

As far as accommodation, the beds were particularly comfortable, and the bathrooms clean.

Giuseppe is kind and pleasant, but when I inquired about the history of Sicily and modern Italy, he didn't hide his contempt for Italy. This wasn't such a big deal, but it left me to do more research on my own. As far as a resource for sights in Palermo, the staff at the hostel was better at responding to questions than actively providing suggestions. I liked the place, just not in the way I thought I would given other reviews which describe it as a "warm", "home away from home".

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2013

As soon as I arrived in Palermo, I heard someone call out my name as I was getting off the train, which is odd, considering I'd never been there in my life! It turned out to be the Your Hostel's owner, Giuseppe, which was a kindness I could never had expected. It turns out, I'd written a small note in my reservation telling them I'd be in late, close to midnight. Giuseppe took the liberty of picking me up at the station to make sure I'd be able to walk safely and find the hostel. This really set the tone of my stay in Palermo and made it an unforgettable one. I only had that one night and the next morning to see Palermo, and after we'd checked my bags into the room, he invited me and a fellow hostel stayer to dinner and drinks. I had no idea Palermo had such a night life, and I had no idea that I would have been given the gift of a personal touch on Palermo when I booked with Your Hostel. The next morning, I wanted to look around the city before my flight back home, and Giuseppe's kindness came through again. He lent me his bicycle to explore the city which gave me the chance to see way more than I had ever would have thought since my ankles were reeling from the two weeks I had already spent in Europe. I know he is a man of great character and he's probably equally friendly to all of his customers, but I really feel I made a friend that day, and I look forwarding to visiting him again in the future. The accommodations are top notch, with comfortable beds, clean sheets, super clean showers/bathrooms, and several welcoming common rooms. Feel confident booking here; you won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After a week in Germany, Prague, and Switzerland I came upon Your Hostel when I arrived in Palermo.

I was welcomed by Giuseppe with open arms. He told me to leave my dirty clothes with the staff, and to hit the beach while the sun was still out. I took a short bus trip up to Mondello Beach. (just thinking about the experience right now is causing a rush of great memories to come over me)

When I returned from the beach I discovered all of my clothes washed and folded on my bed.

That night we all drank wine on the terrace and shared stories.

They were not only attentive hosts, but friends along your journey.

I would recommend this hostel to anyone, including my 70 year old father who needs to see Sicily, his parents' roots before he passes away. And I know Giuseppe and company will take care of him on his trip.

This is likely a cliche, but Your Hostel truly is "your" hostel.

thanks to all

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I wasn't expecting much when I first came to Your Hostel but the place is really awesome! It's right downtown so everything in Palermo is easily accessible. Beds are comfy and taking a little beer on the roof was one of my favorite things to do.

Plus Giussepe, the owner really helped me a lot. My phone got stolen not even two hours after I arrived so I was really pissed. Giussepe offered me to go to the police and file a report (he acted has a translator). He also qwas very accomodating when I needed anything like use of the internet and a room by myself when I needed it. Your hostel is a small but very cosy place.

I was there in april 2012 but totally forgot to right a review, so here it is finally!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends