“Feels like home”
Review of Your Hostel

Your Hostel
Ranked #111 of 211 Speciality Lodging in Palermo
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Although this place is not the cleanest or best designed I've stayed at, it's one of my favorites. The hospitality of the staff is amazing and they make you feel like family. The kitchen and common area is well used by the guests as well as the staff. They have a roof top terrace where everybody is hanging out eating dinner, drinking wine, playing cards etc.

Rooms are simple but ok, AC and balcony. Me and my friend stayed for 7 nights (loved Palermo) so we got to stay in a dorm with private bathroom instead of shared as we booked at first. Lundury service was super quick and cheap, done in 2 hours for 5 euro.

The hostel has a perfect location near a square with street food and outdoor bars every night, this seems to be the area where the locals party and we met a lot of nice people. The staff gave us great advice on where to eat and what to see, they knew their city!

I had way better accomodation, but I would go back here for the people any day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Spent 4 nights in this hostel; we were very big group, took 4-5 rooms, but anyway they kept it very clean and everything ready all the time. Stuff is truly friendly, found all the information we asked them and prepared all the answers and train time tables printed and waited for us just to pick it up when we got back late from night life. The last day when we checked out, they kept our stuffs until evening, even allow us using a shower and everything…. Hostel is centrally located, close to all interesting spots in Palermo, everything is on close walk by – station, interesting places to see, night life area.
Snezana, Serbia

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the street can be a bit noisy when Italians are coming back from nightlife
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have stayed there for 4 days and staff was very good and hostel located center of the palermo mr sinan helped us to find every where you can meet him even you don't make accomadetion at your hostel i am sure that he will help you much more than you want

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here for a couple nights in June. Very central and easy to find. Booked by phone a couple nights earlier. The manager was really friendly, greeted me on arrival, and offered me any help I needed. Large communal area and kitchen, and a really comfortable roof.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Your Hostel during a study abroad weekend trip with two of my girl friends. Giuseppe warmly greeted us at the airport and drove us to the hostel, which was bright, colorful and very comfortable. This is a family run hostel, and it is very clear that Giuseppe and the rest of the staff truly love to host and help travelers! They were very helpful with restaurant recommendations, bus info, directions, and everything else we needed.

They put us in a six person dorm with a private bathroom. We shared the room with one other female traveler, who ended up becoming our great friend! The beds were comfortable, and bathroom was quite large and accommodating. Many of the rooms have balconies. There is a kitchen and common room on the 2nd floor with computers and free coffee and tea bar. The top floor is a lovely terrace with views of the surrounding church bell towers. Towels were available to rent (great for Mondello beach). Laundry is 5 euro a load, and they will dry and fold for you! Location is perfect- right in city center with a 5 min walk to harbor and to the liveliest nightlife area.

The only disappointment was that they do not serve breakfast. I read on hostel world that it was included, but this was not true. We enjoyed much free coffee instead!

We had a late flight on our last day, and they invited us to store our luggage and hang out in the common areas even after we checked out. Very generous. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, try to get a room that faces away from the street. There were occasio...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Currently staying at this hostel and I love it! The owner Sonia makes it feel more like a B&B then a hostel. She's so nice! Our rooms are cleaned daily and fresh foot and hand towels are laid out. The staff is great too. One of the staff members asked us if we needed any suggestions regarding places to eat and see. It was more than appreciated. He also gave us a detailed tour of the hostel when we checked in to make sure we felt right at home. If you're looking for a clean and friendly hostel...Your hostel is the place to be! I would come back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I loved how large the hostel was. It takes up an entire building! he first floor is the reception, with two computers, the second floor has bedrooms and bathrooms, the third floor has a kitchen, a living room and additional computers, along with more bedrooms, and the top floor is the roof. This was a welcome change. Nearly all hostels I stayed at during my trip were no bigger than a large apartment!

As far as accommodation, the beds were particularly comfortable, and the bathrooms clean.

Giuseppe is kind and pleasant, but when I inquired about the history of Sicily and modern Italy, he didn't hide his contempt for Italy. This wasn't such a big deal, but it left me to do more research on my own. As far as a resource for sights in Palermo, the staff at the hostel was better at responding to questions than actively providing suggestions. I liked the place, just not in the way I thought I would given other reviews which describe it as a "warm", "home away from home".

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo