“great little hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Regina
Ranked #45 of 98 Hotels in Palermo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Friendly staff. I stay here often as its easier than staying on my mates couch in palermo. Its dirt cheap and super cute. No frills but right in city centre. One time they were full, so the receptionist found me some wear else for the same price. Really nice!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 September 2013

You get what you pay for. But in a very good way!!

We arrived very late in Palermo, but found our hotel immediately. The welcome was very warm and friendly!
We had a room with a balcony, which is always a surplus!
The 3 bathrooms were always clean and I never had to wait to take a shower (but that's probably because there werent't too many other guests).
Our room was situated at a tiny street, so we hadn't too much noise!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Having a late arrival in Palermo, it was welcome suprise to find hotel was within 15 minute walk of the train station. Hotel lobby contains a seperate restaurant (Lovely sea food) and entrances to 3-4 hotels. Hotel Regina is on first floor. It appears to be family run and we were checked in by lovely man. The hotel is budget accommodation so don't expect 5 star but it had everything you need. Shared bathroom is adequate and the room has all you need but no air con. There are some vending machines in the lobby and reading area off the corridor. When you leave the hotel, turn left and you will find a beautiful square with restaurants, seating for chilling out and cafes. Turn right and you will see beautiful cathedral on your door step. Continue past cathedral and cross road to find large statues and beautiful architecture . Follow your ears for music at night and you will find numerous bars in the Kalsa region. I would highly recommend you head to Politeama and hop on bus 806 to Modello. Beautiful 2 km beach. Palermo is beautiful for a couple of nights but no more. Go and explore sicily. Transport is good

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very nice hotel in a convienient location, good buffe breakfast for 10 Euro in the restaurant downstairs, helpful staff, uncomfortable beds though. Beautiful entrance, and yard, a great place to take a breather from the hectic city life outside =)
Overall a great place to stay on a budget in Palermo

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

It is a budget hostel, and so my expectations were not ridiculously high. However, I felt that I definitely got value for my money during my stay here. I was at Hotel Regina for 5 nights, getting in very late on the first night. The reception is manned 24 hours a day, so check in was fine, and it also meant there was no curfew on other nights. I had a single room, which was great because the weather was sweltering and it gave me freedom to dress down when I was sleeping. The fan in my room worked perfectly, and even with the balcony doors cracked slightly, my room still got down to a comfortable temperature very quickly.

The shared bathrooms were ok, slightly dirty at times, and on one occasion I got the lovely sight of some guy's underwear left on the floor, but hey, what can you expect? Only one shower worked really well and always had hot water. They have vending machines in the reception area with bottles of water for 50 cents, so I stocked up when I went out in the morning. One of the downsides to the place, however, was the lack of common area. Because I was travelling on my own, I didn't meet anyone else from the hostel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2013

As a college student traveling in a group of three girls, Hotel Regina was best experience I've ever had with "budget-friendly-accommodations". The location was perfect and safe- close to the bus station and easily within walking distance of most of the sites in beautiful Palermo. The staff was kind and helpful, a true Italian family- giving us directions and aiding us at all hours of the night. The rooms were clean and comfortable- sink in the room was very nice and wifi was easily accessible! I could not have asked for a better experience staying in Palermo, I will be a returning guest for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

This is a budget place and the the price reflects the service and the rooms are budget. Location was great actually for me the location was perfect however the rooms and everything else was average. The hotel was clean that's one thing I can say about this place that was good and the location was great being close to nice restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: July 2012