“Unfortunately we feel a bit deceived. AVOID ROOM #18”
Review of Hotel del Centro

Hotel del Centro
Ranked #30 of 98 Hotels in Palermo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was going to give the hotel a rating of average, but after seeing the photos of rooms here by travelers, I couldn't stop laughing at how bad my wife and I were scammed out of a comfortable room. It was my fault for not check tripadvisor beforehand.

My wife and I traveled to Palermo for a very short trip at the beginning of October and decided to stay at this hotel because of its location. We booked online well ahead of time (almost 6 months in advance). We arrived at the hotel around noon and the receptionist said that our room was still being cleaned, so we were just going to wait. He then shuffled around with some keys and then he told us he'll just get us a room now instead so we don't have to wait, which I thought was extremely nice and helpful. He also asked us if we wanted a room on the "quiet" side or on the main street "a bit noisier." Seeing how we live in Cairo, I didn't really think it was relevant so I preferred to be on the main road. He escorted us to the room, WHICH WAS EXTREMELY SMALL! This room would be fine if it's for a single person... and even then, it's pretty tight. We then asked the receptionist "This is quite small, are all the rooms the same?" He then replied "Yes, all the rooms are the same," which was definitely a lie and makes me laugh when I see the photos of other rooms here! The fact that they only had one towel proves that this was meant for only one person and they just crammed my wife and I in that room. If I remember correctly, it was room #18, which was on the top floor above the lobby. If you see #18 on that key, throw it away and run for your life!

It's a shame that I had to give a poor rating because of that blatant lie. Other than that, I thought the staff were extremely nice and friendly. The breakfast was all right. It was mainly sweet pastries and it was way too much sugar for me, but my wife loved the breakfast there. The location of the hotel is great! You can take a shuttle from the airport and it's final destination is a the bus station which is just a minute away from the hotel.

So the only advice I have is not to settle for a small room.

Room Tip: Avoid Room #18 at all cost!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 October 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for just one night on 17/10/2013. The entrance is lovely, but shared with a few other hotels in the same building There is a lift to take you up to the hotel on the second floor. The reception staff are very welcoming and friendly. My room (number 10) is across from the Reception. It was large and clean with a spacious double bed. The window opens onto a central square area (so there is no view) and the air conditioning wasn't working. My friend's room (number 20) had 2 single beds and a small balcony overlooking the side street. The AC was working well and it was clean, bright and airy. Breakfast was lovely -it included a selection of yogurts, tin prunes and peaches, cakes, bread rolls, ham and cheese as well as freshly made coffee or juice.On the whole a pleasant stay and very convenient as only a few minutes from the main station.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Great location, close to buses and train station. Lovely spacious room, bathroom, lift and excellent breakfast. You cannot do better. The staff are great. Excellent restaurent we were directed to across the road. Everyone very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank timothy t
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Nice location close to the central station and close to some of the city sights. If shopping is you thing, a lot of bargains in the hood, but for major brands you need to go further north.
The quality of the hotel fits the price and breakfast is very good by Italian standards.
The staff was super helpful, in helping us chase our lost luggage. The room was nothing special, but was big for a city hotel. All in all good value for the money.

Room Tip: Be aware that the hotel is at the 2nd and 3rd floor, and the elevator only takes you to 2nd, so if y...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on 3 different occasions and have used It particularly because of its location to the Railway Station and buses. The staff has always been very accomodating and even have arranged transportation for us to be taken to the airport. It has always been clean and comfortable and even if we had to leave before the breakfast was ready, they made sure that we were able to get some food before we left. Not a 5 star or a Hilton but would strongly recommend them.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was here with friends in June. Hotel has very good location, all the attractions are with in a walking distance. Also the Central Station is 5 min walk, and the buses to the beach are near. And best of all the breakfast is too die for, best pastries ever. Best value for your money

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Great location for people travelling without a car. It is just a few blocks away from the train/ bus station; you do not need to take a taxi. Also close to all the sights in Palermo. The rooms are clean, breakfast is OK. Staff is really helpful. The only inconvenience was that there was no elevator within the hotel and we had to carry our luggage one floor up. Also, the shower is tiny.
On average, it was a very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends