“Just like staying at a friend's home :)”
Review of Giorgio's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palermo
Giorgio's House
Ranked #309 of 490 Palermo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Staying at Giorgio's House felt like I was staying at a friend’s home. Giorgio goes above and beyond what is expected. He took us on a walking tour of the city at night where had had us sample local Sicilian food, out to dinner on a mountain overlooking Palermo and to the Turkish Steps (Scala dei Turchi). This last excursion was a real treat as this place is far from Palermo and only accessible by car. The bed rooms, kitchen, and washrooms at his bed and breakfast are spacious and it is located in a good area to get to the major sites by foot or bus. Giorgio himself is very helpful in terms of providing information not just about Palermo but also other Sicilian cities and there is a lot of reading material about Sicily in the bed and breakfast. My stay at his B&B was a pleasant one and I know where to stay when in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank A_S_10

Reviewed 8 July 2010

This was my 5th stay at Giorgio's House and quite honestly you couldn't be better looked after, from the fresh cakes, buns and local savouries for breakfast to the tripsout to show you his city. Nothing is too much trouble. He's good-humoured, honest and knowledgeable-a great host. Can't wait to try his new place in Buenos Aires !
Mary and Ben Evans

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 26 May 2010

As others have said, you go here for Girogio. The location is great for the sites, but probably not the best part of Palermo. There was parking in the streets and we felt safe, but the city could use a bit of cleaning... that's not Giorgio's responsibility.

He was most helpful and on the night we arrived arranged a dinner far out of town at a very local place for the three couples staying the night. It was enjoyable to meet and eat with couples from other areas of Europe and thanks to Girogio we had a great time.

Think of this as visiting Giorgio and staying in his apartment and visiting with the other guest... that's the attraction and fun.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gbzia
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Georgio was fantastic. Very helpful. Very laid back and fun. Lent us his Satnav to navigate streets of Palermo. Gave us lots of information about places to hike to/visit.

B&B basic and serves you well. Homely & welcoming.

Big breakfast.

Free tour of city sampling specialities of city (not for veggies! or those fussy people)

Thanks Very much Georgio
Adam[--]

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank adamsiese
Reviewed 19 November 2009

I was travelling around Europe for 3 months, and staying at Giorgios was BY FAR the worst experience of my entire trip. Admittedly, the facilities he offers are fine - breakfast, ok place, picks you up from the train station, etc. However, Palermo is a very scary place - and Giorgios is not in a good location within the city.

On the back of all the doors in Giorgios place, there is a 'memo' of sort, telling everyone to make sure that when they go online to review his place, they comment on what he offers, not on the city. Palermo is a dirty and terrifying city with little to offer, and he basically admits that. I am telling you, and I travelled all around Europe for 3 months, Palermo was the worst place I went. If you want to go to Sicily, you totally should - there are beautiful places there that we visited, and it made up for the terrible experience in Palermo. Otherwise, just go somewhere else in Italy!!

Besides that, my friends and I had an incident with Giorgio that proved that he is not the nice, understanding, friendly character that some people think he is. I'm not going to go into details because it will take too long to describe, but Giorgio treated us terribly. He lied to us, stereotyped us, screamed at us, and worst of all - threatned us. It was insane and scary.

Giorgio cares so much about his reputation, it's a little crazy. You can even find part of his website online where he literally finds every negative review ever written about him, and rebutts the negative points. I'm sure this one will be there soon, and I'm sure he will make up some crazy reasoning like he does with everyone else.

All I can say is don't go to Palermo, and if you do, DO NOT stay at Giorgios.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank Leora6
Reviewed 4 November 2009

No need to search for anyplace else to stay, Giorgio's House is the simly the best! We will soon get back to Palermo or to his place in Argentina. This man knows how to do everyting in the best way for his guests.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Giorgios is a small family owned bed and brekfeast. Giorgio takes care of everything. He also offers trekking tours and resturant tours free of charge!!
Very nice room, cleen and old intresting furnitures. He also keeps a B&B in Buenos Aires which I would not hecitate to book when I´m going there.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo