“Great Location and Big Room”

Residenza d'Aragona
Ranked #11 of 98 Hotels in Palermo
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great location close to the harbour, where we had returned from diving in Ustica. Also good location for access to the centre of town.
Located down a side street it is very quiet, both during the day and at night.
We were given a suite rather than a room, not sure if this is the norm, but it was massive.
Very comfortable room and very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had initially booked 2 rooms when we received an email same day from the reception informing that they had to put us in another hotel... We flew to Palermo and the taxi we booked from the hotel confirmed he would bring us to another place. When we asked for explanations, receptionist from Residenza d'Aragona explained that they had no hot water in the hotel at this time. The other where we had been relocated was simply awful! we asked to see at leat the rooms at Residenza d'Aragona and said that we would not mind staying without hot water (much better than those ugly rooms) but they simply refused to let us enter and visit any rooms arguing that all the hotel was under renovation! Well, VERY DISAPOINTING experience... Fortunately we could enjoy the rest of our trip in Sicily... but clearly stay away from Residenza d'Aragona!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Across the street was a restaurant / bar and VERY noisy therefore if you plan to get a good night's sleep good luck It was a NIGHTMARE for us
So noisy it felt as if the party goers were in our room
The woman who gave us the keys had a lot of attitude
It felt as if she was doing us a big favor
The ONLY positive was the location and the clean room and reasonable cost

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank drjohnmd
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel was fairly central, clean (personally my biggest requirement of any hotel I stay in) and competitively priced. My partner and I enjoyed our stay here. I was personally not blown away by the hotel as it is fairly standard for the price (in terms of cleanliness, décor, breakfast) although it was a good sized suite (more than enough for a couple) and it was I suppose an added bonus to have the the kitchenette facilities if required (this would be great for families I would imagine).

I think other reviews sum up the hotel pretty well so I do not really have anything original to offer in my review. As others have said the WiFi is very slow, breakfast gets busy around 08.30-09.00 (I would disagree with a previous reviewer that the breakfast was poor - it wasn't bad in my opinion) and the reception closes at between 1pm-2pm. Personally I will always book a hotel with a 24hr reception in future (gives me the possibility of asking to leave my suitcase for a while so I can continue my holiday until I get a transfer to the airport) and it would be nice to have a hotel bar. All in all a good hotel for the price. I would definitely stay again if I visited Palermo.

Room Tip: 302 was really quiet and there was loads of room for a couple with no children.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pajenkins
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Let's start with the positives:
- Location is OK
- Rooms are spartan, but OK.

Now to the negatives:
- The attitude of the people who work there is just plain nasty. These people should simply not be in the hospitality industry. They obviously feel that they're doing you a favor by letting you stay there.
- As others have pointed out, the reception desk has extremely limited hours, making check-in, check-out, and communications extremely difficult.
- They give you a flyer saying that if you don't leave your room by early morning, your room will NOT be cleaned, and they mean it. They won't clean or make up your room.
- They're less than honest with billing type issues. Just pray that you don't have any complications.
- The WiFi reminds you of the bad old days of AOL, and that's when it's working.
- This is NOT a real hotel, as they'll readily admit themselves. It's at best a mickey mouse B&B, and believe me, you can do MUCH MUCH better.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you want a pleasant experience.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank fastm3
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel has lovely apartments which are clean and spacious. The wifi was excellent in our room and in the foyer. The staff are helpful without being exuberant. They give recommendations for restaurants and places to visit. The reception is open only until 2 pm so you must tell them ahead of time you time of arrival. The apartment is walking distance to most of Palermo's sights. The bus stop for most destinations is at the end of the short street or just a couple of blocks away. The kitchen is locked and costs 10€ per day to open. We didn't bother. Breakfast was good but arrive early.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Perfect location for visiting Palermo centre. Car parking very close (<100m) eventhou we didn't use it (parked outside in public road, just in front of another hotel)
Small breakfast room, may be crowded if everybody converge there at the same time.
Good wi-fi in the room.