“Classy hotel, shame about the staff”

Best Western Ai Cavalieri Hotel
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Palermo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Situated very close to centre of Palermo, so lots of atmosphere. Front balcony rooms overlooking the street are over 2 bars which can be terribly noisy with music going on until 2.00 am. Unfortunately also a refuse collection strike and at 1.00 am the rubbish was collected by massive tipper trucks. Terrible racket. Very noisy at the front therefore, but if you stand it its worth it just to watch the vibrant locals busying past enjoying themselves on their revved up motorbikes. I was moved to a room in the back, which had a very limited and boring view.

The room was clean, comfortable albeit the shower unit was small. Good quality furniture and very neat. Restaurant and bar were very nice with excellent food.

My only complaint would be the utter rudeness of the female receptionist who kept us waiting whilst she took one telephone call after another. She was also very offhand with me when I asked for help in moving rooms. The list was also inadequate for the number of people staying there.

Overall I would say quite a nice hotel, but customer service seems to need some upgrading.

Very convenient to see local historical sites. Close to good restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Ai Cavalieri Hotel

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our final day in Sicily Palermo in October 2012, nicely presented, very helpful & friendly staff. The rooms were well equipped and comfortable. Free wi-fi also available. We were leaving before breakfast the following morning, but were offered a food-pack ready for when we left. Situated within easy walking distance of the restaurants and shops, there is no free parking with the hotel, you can park on the street opposite at a small charge. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NatalieMike88
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This Quante hotel, 2 blocks from Piazza Politiamma, is so cozy and Accommodating. The staff is fantastic. The breakfast delicious. very clean. I loved this hotel, and plan on returning for a stay soon. I will reccomened to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Went with my spouse - we're a young couple but thought it was excellent. The room was small BUT totally clean and a nice balcony, good bathroom.

Really nice reception room and communal areas, great dining room. Receptionist drew out a walking tour of palermo for us on the first day and recommended places to eat.

Location was good, very safe. Quiet but also very close to the centre, a few nice restaurants nearby. Best thing about the hotel - the breakfast!! Was so nice - largest selection ever, with so much fresh fruit, fresh pastries as well as hot food. The staff also let us take up a tray of food to the room which was great.

Careful of the photos on the website - there was no pool table. But otherwise, great stay.

Quick note: Mondello beach is so busy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Twobusinapod
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This was one of the nicest hotels we stayed on our trip, there were in fact 2 other hotels we enjoyed one here, Sorrento and one in Rome. Other wise it was not so hot. The tour agencys that book us americans to these places say its 4 -5 stars there is No such thing as 4 -5 star hotels, they are called Delux hotels. This one was very clean and had free wifi. We liked it because it also had air conditioner in the hotel. I like the accomodations and would like to stay here again. I did meet my cousins here which I have never met before, and this was nice to have a drink here. The food was ok, not exceptional but the city was truly amazing. This is the town my mother lived in as child so I promised her that I would come to see it, and I did.

Room Tip: it was just 4 blocks away from Via Roma street where all the shows and shops are at. across the stre...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melanie s
Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

Room had no view at all, but was very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was good with scrambled egg available. Coffee on tap was dismal but all we had to do was ask for cappuccino, espresso etc and the staff happily provided them. Breakfast room was very pleasant.
The hotel is situated in a quiet tree lined (piazza Sant'oliva) street not far from Politeama. I would probably stay here again if coming to Palermo.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My family and I (3 children) stayed at this comfortable and stylised hotel for 2 days at the beginning of our Sicilian vacation. Great location in the Centre, just around the corner from the Opera House and shopping, restaurents. Modern fittings, icluding free wi-fi, efficient and welcoming Reception. Cold Buffet breakfast ( with hot eggs), and a modern fashion bar to retreat to at the end of the day. Secure car parking is available just around the corner. Really nice place to start your holiday.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family