“Light filled, spacious apartment in the heart of...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
The Twin Bedroom
The Twin Bedroom
Hallways
Balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
elenamurr...
Canberra, Australia
“Light filled, spacious apartment in the heart of old Palermo”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The Xirba apartment is truly a gem: one of the very best apartments I have stayed iin. The apartment is very spacious, modern and light filled, very well set up, and in the most interesting, historic area of Palermo: all the important galleries, museums and churches are within easy walking distance. Chiara is a welcoming, very well organised host who speaks flawless English. We left regretfully with the firm intention of returning for a longer stay.

Liked best: The space.
Friends getaway Families with young children
11 Oct 2016
My dear guests,
Than you for your much appreciated feedback and for giving my place a perfect rate.
It has been a pleasure to host you. The fact that you wrote that my apartment was one of the best you ever stayed in means a lot to me.
Honestly, with the many rental choices available in my city, I am honoured that you chose mine!
I really look forward to welcome you again on your next trip to Palermo. You will be my most welcome guests!

Kind regards,
Malcolm S
London, United Kingdom
“Everything they say is true”
Reviewed 25 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

We were partly attracted to this apartment by all the positive reviews and want to add ours to the collection. Th apartment was comfortable well equipped and attractively decorated. The location is brilliant and very near the city centre. Chiara was great; we arrived not knowing what to do with our car. She took us to a nearby garage and sorted everything. She also helped us in other ways and we cannot speak highly enough of her and the apartment. If we returned to Palermo we would certainly want to stay here.

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
26 Sep 2016
Dear guests,
Thank you so much for your positive and candid review and for choosing to stay at my place.
It has been a pleasure hosting you and helping you out with what you needed.
I am so glad you mentioned the amenities that make being away from home much easier, as I enjoy the opportunity to create an amazing experience for each and every guest.
I look forward to hosting you again if a future travel brings you back to Palermo.
All the best,
Aussies54
Brisbane, Australia
“Beautiful apartment in central location”
Reviewed 13 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We really enjoyed our time in Palermo, and in particular our stay in this apartment. On our arrival, Chiara provided a very warm welcome, walked us through a very comprehensive file of information on the area and we even got a bonus introductory Italian lesson. The gift pack of speciality ice creams Chiarra left in the freezer were a very thoughtful touch.

The apartment is very well situated in the old part of the city. It is only about a 10 minute walk to the central train station from where you can also catch a bus transfer to the airport. Two large supermarkets are within a short walking distance, as are all major points of interest in the old city.

The apartment has recently been renovated, is very spacious and very tastefully decorated. The balcony has a pleasant outlook over a courtyard containing palm trees. It has everything you could wish for and Chiara has gone to great lengths to make her guests feel at home. The bed was very comfortable and the extra pillows we had requested were waiting for us. The air-conditioning was very effective and the wi-fi was quite fast and reliable.

Should we return to Palermo we would love to stay at Xirba again and would not hesitate to recommend it.

14 Sep 2016
Dear June and Andrew,
First and foremost, I would really like to thank you for your sincere and kind words and the time you took to share them with other TripAdvisor travelers.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at my place.
I also want to thank you for mentioning the amenities my property has to offer and the conveniences and main sights which are within a short walking distance.
Your positive comments sounds like a reward to me, as I strive to do better with each and every stay.
Should you consider to visit Palermo again, do not hesitate to contact me, as you will always be my most welcome guests.
All the best my new Australian friends,
Suitcases...
“Wonderful Choice!!!”
Reviewed 29 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

My 2 teen daughters(15,19) and I absolutely LOVED our XIRBA Palermo rental! We have rented apartments for the past 11 years all over Europe. I should have expected that we would really love this place from the get go because Chiara was just so nice in all our correspondence, and made it very convenient to book. We had just come off of 3 weeks, in 3 apartments, in 3 different parts of Italy, were a bit hot and travel weary. anxious to get settled in our new spot. Chiara told us the apartment was a 10 min walk from the bus station, it was10. Location was really perfect, easy to get to all the sightseeing by foot.The wonderful artisanal ice creams she had waiting for us really turned our travel day around! The pictures of the apartment don't do it justice, It is large, cool (ac works like a dream!) and very pretty. It was also spotlessly clean. The building is small, new and nice.Balcony overlooks pretty park.Very quiet, extra comfortable beds and pillows ( very important ), plenty of clothing storage and hangers, stocked laundry room, book shelf with lots of information on the surrounding area. Watched the soccer tournament on apt's large.flat screen. Chiara had put together a great guide with directions and hours to everything a visitor to Palermo would want or need, including bus information to the beach.She sat down with us and went over it all. Answered all our questions. Her restaurant recommendations were great non touristy gems. This is one of our top 2 favorite rentals of all time. It was easy and pleasant to stay there! I am definitely taking my husband with us next time. Also Palermo is a gorgeous city, a real jewel. Very few tourists. Could not be happier with this lovely apartment!

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
31 Jul 2016
Dear Jeanine,
Your review has left me speechless. It's heartwarming to read such a marvelous feedback. I would like to thank you for the kind words on your stay at Xirba that I deeply appreciated.
Thank you also for mentioning the amenities my property has to offer and the nearby conveniences. Your detailed and candid comment will definitely help other travelers make their choice.
It has been a pleasure meeting and hosting you and I do hope you, your husband and your lovely daughters come back to my place one day. No doubt you will always be welcome to your home-away-from-home in Palermo.
Wish you all the very best,
Carol D
Ballina, NSW Australia
“Delightful apartment in an ideal location.”
Reviewed 12 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay in this delightful apartment. It is ideally located in the Central Historic district of Palermo. Many restaurants, markets and supermarkets are nearby. Also most of the important buildings and other points of interest are within easy walking distance. We would not hesitate recommending this apartment. Chiara is a wonderful host and we will certainly be making this apartment our home again next time we visit Palermo.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfortable accommodation and the location.
Liked least: Not staying longer.
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
13 Jun 2016
My dear guests,
Thank you for your positive and kind feedback.
It has been a pleasure for me to host and meet beautiful people like you.
You are always welcome back to your home-away-from-home in Palermo.
Best,
Martin R
“Lovely helpful welcome”
Reviewed 26 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We have very much enjoyed our stay here in the centre of Palermo. Chiara made us very welcome and helped us with recommendations of what to see and do. The apartment is clean and tidy with good wifi. Definitely worth a visit.

27 May 2016
Dear guests,
Thank you for your kind and sincere feedback.
I hope to see you again in my town!
You will be very welcome back to my place.
All the best,
Lynne F
Napa, California
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 12 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

This flat was comfortable for my husband and I and would be comfortable for two couples. The rooms are good sized; although the kitchen is small, it is well equipped. Laundry facilities are available in the flat. From this location, we walked everywhere we wanted to go while visiting Palermo for 3 days. Chiara was an excellent host and met us at the flat. She provided us with a city map and spent time with us reviewing suggested sites. She was well organized and provided a binder of information, including good places to eat, shopping, sightseeing, and public transportation. She also provided us with a starter bottle of water and some espresso cups, along with a lovely treat of pastries she had bought at a local patisserie. We felt very welcome here and she was accessible to us by phone during our stay. A really excellent experience!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Host, location, comfy accomodation
Liked least: Not applicable
12 May 2016
Dear guests ,
I've really appreciated your sincere and positive feedback.
It has been a real pleasure hosting you and giving you useful tips to make your stay more enjoyable.
Thank you also for mentioning the amenities my apartment has to offer.
You are always welcome back to my place!!
Take care,

Chiara
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing