I have just returned from a holiday in Sicily where I and my friend stayed at the Algila Charme Hotel for almost two weeks. It occupies a renovated XIX mansion and skilfully combines modern comfort with elements of history scattered around in a carefully designed manner. The building is beautiful, and it is a pleasure to explore its little nooks and corners. Rooms may seem a little on the small side (we had a classic double, apparently suites are larger), with just enough room for travel bags and personal belongings of two persons, but as we never intended to spend most of the time indoors, we were not inconvenienced by this fact. The bathroom was clean, with several sets of fresh towels and a small Bulgary beauty set. The breakfast is plentiful and has a good choice, so that one doesn't get bored even after 10 days of stay. Dinners served at the restaurant in the evening are delicious! What distinguishes Algila is the people who work there and the small extras that may not lie on the surface, but are a pleasant surprise to discover. The team is always friendly, positive, knowledgeable and ready to help. My special thanks goes out to Laura and Magdalena at the reception desk who were always there for us and responded promptly to all requests we had. As for the extras, they are, among other things, free beach towels (even though the hotel is not on the beach), drinks buffet in day hours (with my favourite almond milk), bikes, free international calls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy