The hotel has a nice location near the water in Ortygia, the old part of the town. They have converted several old buildings and turned them into a hotel. The common areas are nice although the room itself was a bit tired. The bed was very hard and neither the bed linens nor the towels were high quality. The bathroom was tiny. Overall the room was functional but not great. They unfortunately scent the rooms with perfume sticks and the smell was rather overwhelming. We ended up putting the perfume sticks on the balcony so we could avoid the smell but the housekeeping staff would re-perfume it daily. The best part of the hotel was the staff, Marcello at the front desk in particular. He was extremely helpful in parking our car, making good restaurant recommendations and providing us with a list of sights in Syracuse. He was friendly and knowledgeable. The waterfront area of Syracuse, in general, should continue its transition to clean up garbage and graffiti and to repair and reinvent abandoned buildings much like has been done with the main square. Algila could make a few changes to the room which would help make it feel more like a small, boutique hotel including upgrading the beds, bedding and towels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy