I stayed at Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel with my mother, husband and 4 year old daughter. The location of the hotel was excellent, very close to central part of Ortigia. We could discovered the city by walking and Syracuse is such a historical and beautiful city.
The hotel also had special parking space for us.
I selected this hotel, considering great review in Trip Advisor and selected junior suite for celebrating my mother's 70th birthday.
However, I am afraid to say that for junior suite and the room condition was ordinary and nothing impressive.
The room did not even have a bathtub and the condition of mattress was poor.
The hotel is in a beautiful historical building and has a lot of potentials for further improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is located in an exquisite ancient building on the waterfront of Ortigia, the historic centre of Syracuse. Giving onto the ancient "Mastra Rua," where the Siracusan nobility resided from the 14th century, the hotel is a starting point for cultural itineraries. Its recent restoration maintains the original structure made of three buildings, contributing to its dynamic layout. Rooms are furnished differently with antique furniture, four-poster beds and refined interior decoration with distinctive Sicilian touches and Mediterranean features such as colorful bathrooms tiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Algila Ortigia Charme Syracuse
- Hotel Algila Ortigia Charme
- Algila Ortigia Charme Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy