Il Porticciolo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My B&B host recommended this restaurant for seafood, and I was delighted by the dishes. I had the carpaccio di polpo fresco, which was in olive oil so delicious and flavorful that I made sure none was left on my plate. The bucatini alla Siracusana was one of the best things I've ever eaten. The service was very good. The location is near the street market. And I once again discovered that expressing appreciation for the quality of the food works wonders for breaking through language barriers. Lunch there was a lovely and memorable experience.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Il Porticciolo is a very good restaurant. The owner puts a lot in treating customers in the best way possible. Very good fish.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We ate at this restaurant based on our guide book review. Service was ok but not particularly friendly or welcoming, despite that we arrived before it got very busy. Prices, although not expensive, were more than other restaurants where we ate better, even in the heart of Ortigia. Decor and atmosphere inside was a bit lacking, but it's the food that matters. We just chose 4 main courses, 2 pasta 2 fish, and they were all OK, but nothing special. My grilled swordfish was also the smallest portion I had whilst in Sicily. My daughter loved her seafood fettucine though.
Personally I wouldn't return when there are so many other and better options nearby.

Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Great pasta & dessert! Pasta ai ricci and frutti di mare were excellent! Parfait alla mandorla with choclate fondant exquisite! Recommended and will be visiting again for sure!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Excellent place to have a dinner close to the harbour and the market, especially first courses with pasta and fresh fish. Don't hesitate asking the staff for the best of the day.
Selection of wines and prices are definitely good.