“great place-wonderful hostess Teresa”

La Terra di Archimede
Ranked #57 of 236 Syracuse B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2013

My plans for Sicily changed so I had to book a single room and save costs and found this place on Hostelworld. I didn't realise it was a short distance to the station so the taxi driver tried to rip me off so I gave him seven euros to shut him up and he disappeared when I mentioned "Polizei".

The house itself is on different levels with many keys to get used to but is in a great location.

The owner Teresa could not have been more helpful, fresh coffee, blood orange juice etc and speaks excellent English, You have use of fridge etc so it is excellent for economising and free wi-fi is provided, Would return and definitely recommend

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank nenaghboy
There are newer reviews for La Terra di Archimede

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Very good place to stay, it made us feel at home. Rich breakfast (we would recommend the ricotta cornetto and local orange juice). Although not at Ortigia, B&B La Terra di Archimede is excellent located; at a stroll of the Greek amphitheater, the must-visit: Madonna delle Lacrime and Ortigia of course. Cheap, typical Italian, but good pizzeria's (like Forestiero) around the corner. Easy to reach and free parking right beside the B&B. It's very comfortable that you can use the living-room, balcony, kitchen and internet whenever you like. Teresa, our host, is very friendly, helpfull with indications and makes you feel at ease. We stayed in the well equiped Aretusa room, with a spacious bathroom, for seven days. We wished we could have stayed longer! Ciao Siracusa!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Aretusa room, close to the well equipped living-room and breakfast balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mnl-smn
Reviewed 1 April 2013

La Terra di Archmede is an excellent B&B. The location is great. It's just 10 to 20 minutes walk from the train station and the bus terminal, and even closer to a bus stop (maybe 5-10 minute walk). I walked to every tourist spots. Teresa gave me a lot of help even before I arrived. She gave me clear directions and was very accommodating! It was better than a hotel with attractive price. Breakfast is fresh croissant and you can have your favourite flavour. There is everything you need, wifi connection, hair-dryer, maps, printer in case you need to print some information etc.

Once when I arrived, I was greeted by Teresa warmly with her smile and a sweet snack and a bottle of water (which I desperately needed that moment). The place is spotless. Teresa is so warm and inspiring telling me her story of setting up the B&B. I really feel like I am home.

I will definitely come back if I go to Siracusa again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Wonderful experience here. Stayed two nights, wish we could have stayed longer! The owner Teresa is extremely helpful, speaks great English, very generous. There are only 3 rooms in the B&B and we stayed in the only one that didn’t have an ensuite bathroom, the bathroom is upstairs which was a bit inconvenient but we didn’t mind. Breakfast in the morning - fresh croissants (Teresa asked us the night before what we preferred and we put in our order; she picked it up fresh each morning), juice, fruits, bread, jam, coffee, tea. We could help ourselves to whatever we found in the fridge all day if we were hungry. Full kitchen to use if you want. Location is great, close to train, bus, museum, the island, but on quiet street so no noise, and sleep quality is topnotch. Good solid bed, too. Free pc with internet and printer for use, very handy. We really enjoyed La Terra di Archimede!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MindyLePooh
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Terra di Archimede is a really good place to stay if you are visiting Syracuse, the biggest + is the owners of this little B&B, Teresa and Antonio were very kind and helpful, they gave us a warm welcome with a cup of coffee like we were family or really good friends and they also gave us all the information needed. The room was nice too and close to the city and the breakfast was good, including fresh fruits and croissants with some local fillings (nutella-like). The only minus is that the toilet is not in the room and for that I give them 5/5, otherwise I would give them 6/5!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Having been all over Europe, and stayed in endless hostels, pensions, B & B's and hotels, I have to say that La Terra di Archimede tops my list of places I've been. A true B & B, this quiet, home away from home, is located in the heart of Siracusa; close to amenities and in walking distance of must-see's like ancient, beautiful Ortygia. A mom and son shop, I was treated like a family member, more than a guest. My days began with pistachio and ricotta-filled croissants, freshly squeezed orange juice and the best home-made cappuccinos I've ever had. After three nights, I was hard-pressed to leave. But I will always think of Siracusa fondly, for my new friends Teresa and Antonio and the gracious hospitality they showed me.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Eshpeter
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our night in Siracusa. This B&B is located in a quiet street not too far form the City centre, an enjoyable 20 minute strollto the Piazza del Duomo. Service was very good. The owner was very helpful and English is spoken. Strongly recommended. Computer avaliable for use.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple