This hotel is hard to peg, I have to say that there was nothing bad about it. Our room was excellent with views of the harbor and the Fountain of Arethusa. The breakfast was excellent with a great view to enjoy. We did not make use of either the pool of fitness room. The roof top restaurant was beautiful. The location could not be beat. If visiting Siracusa I see no reason to NOT stay on Ortigia and this hotel is great for that. 2 things there was no personality here, everyone was friendly enough but was as far as it went, that also extends to the wait staff both at the breakfast suite and the upstairs restaurant. One other thing to be aware of. The address listed on the web site was for Porta Adorno however the GPS in our car left us off 2 long blocks away with the impression that this hotel did not exist. The hotel is actually on Porto Arethusa which is an extension of Adorno but the GPS did not know that and it took some frantic searching to figure it out. Some one mentioned a shabby room; our room was fine, decorated in an art nouveau style that was not distasteful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent neoclassical facade of the Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa dominates the harbour of Siracusa in Sicily, from its position on the island of Ortigia. This five-star historical hotel has the elegance and style typical of the grand European hotels and features refined balconies overlooking the sea. Step in style into the grand entrance hall and admire the precious marble floors, the stucco works and gold decor of the walls and high ceilings. This luxury hotel offers world class services in a unique environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Etrangers Hotel Syracuse
- Des Etrangers Hotel And Spa
- Des Etrangers Et Miramare Hotel
- Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa Sicily/Syracuse, Italy