There is something rather faded about this hortel and I wondered how it kept its 5 star status. We had pre booked car parking, but anything to do with a car in Ortigia is a nightmare and the directions to park were the cause of great stress to this traveller. There were lots of small snags about the hotel; the view of the sea was a side view over a flat roof; the room was only made up for one, though booked for two; we recieved someone else's luggage after arriving. The choice is air conditioning or open window and the hotel is above a noisy meeting place for all the town's teenagers on a Saturday night. Internet access is charged for and complicated; several guests were having difficulty checking in for their homeward flights. But the staff were very helpful, even if putting the snags right seemed to take an age!
It is particularly convenient for the wonderful sights of Ortigia and Syracusa - in particular the Piazza del Duomo; what a place to visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent neoclassical facade of the Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa dominates the harbour of Siracusa in Sicily, from its position on the island of Ortigia. This five-star historical hotel has the elegance and style typical of the grand European hotels and features refined balconies overlooking the sea. Step in style into the grand entrance hall and admire the precious marble floors, the stucco works and gold decor of the walls and high ceilings. This luxury hotel offers world class services in a unique environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp and Priceline so you can book your Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Etrangers Hotel Syracuse
- Des Etrangers Hotel And Spa
- Des Etrangers Et Miramare Hotel
- Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa Sicily/Syracuse, Italy