An interesting, grand old hotel with prime location its major asset. The Des Etrangers struck me as a formerly-noble edifice, re-cast as modern hotel. Such accounts for the long and circuitous route to breakfast, and to the rooftop restaurant. Comfortable mattress, albeit curiously low. Bathroom amenities are always wanting in Italy, but the shower stall in my room was absurdly small even by those standards. Memo to Italian hotel association: Skip the bidet, and human-size the shower! Staff was friendly and helpful. And once you find the rooftop restaurant, you will also find it delightful (book for 1930 to enjoy a breathtaking sunset). A nice place, but 3.5 stars is closer to the mark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The magnificent neoclassical facade of the Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa dominates the harbour of Siracusa in Sicily, from its position on the island of Ortigia. This five-star historical hotel has the elegance and style typical of the grand European hotels and features refined balconies overlooking the sea. Step in style into the grand entrance hall and admire the precious marble floors, the stucco works and gold decor of the walls and high ceilings. This luxury hotel offers world class services in a unique environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Etrangers Hotel Syracuse
- Des Etrangers Hotel And Spa
- Des Etrangers Et Miramare Hotel
- Des Etrangers Hotel & Spa Sicily/Syracuse, Italy