We stayed five nights in July and found it to be very accommodating and friendly.
The bedroom was spacious, lots of room and plenty of storage, there was a little noise from the street but not enough to disturb us. Their was a good air conditioning unit that wasn't too noisy (we don't need air conditioning units in the UK so I tend to find them noisy and impossible to ignore) and I was able to ignore the noise. I didn't use the TV so can't comment but our room did have a fridge and there was plenty of room for additional items.
For breakfast there was a large choice depending on your own preferences. So, cereals, a selection of fruit and yoghurt, cold meats and cheeses and many types of bread/ croissants etc. Plus tea, coffee, water and fresh juice.
Staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly. The young lady on reception suggested a few places for us to visit (and recommended a restaurant and a gelateria that were superb).
Finally, when I get the chance to return to Syracuse I would be very happy to make a repeat booking here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Mediterraneo *** is a small and comfortable hotel located in a very central area of the city, just a few meters away the enchanting and historic center of Syracuse, Ortigia island, is simply reachable just walking 4/5 minutes. The central location allows even to simply reach the shopping area of the city as well as to enjoy the principal city services. The Central Railway Station is far just 400 meters and the Central Bus Terminal of Siracusa is far just 200 meters. The area is then served to all major services and amenities such as bars, restaurants, gardens, public car parks as well as guarded parking, paying a fee. At only 50 meters from the Hotel you can even find the main bus stop of line 1 of electric minibuses which connect you to the full heart of the historical center. Just a trip of 4/5 minutes. All our rooms offer accommodation for at least 2 guests, free WiFi connection, some rooms have a balcony with sea views, all rooms provide flat screen TV 32 ", private safe, air conditioning, courtesy services to the bathroom. It's possible, when available, to park for free in the spaces reserved for our guests, just in front the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. , Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Hotel Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterraneo Hotel Syracuse
- Hotel Mediterraneo Sicily/Syracuse, Italy