“Great and tasty food on the shared platter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fratelli Burgio

Fratelli Burgio
Ranked #10 of 628 Restaurants in Syracuse
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar, Delicatessen
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great and tasty food on the shared platter!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very nice, traditional and informal place to eat. You have your platter of Sicilian cheese, ham, salami, focaccia and many other delicatessen and it's amazingly good and tasty.

Sometimes you also have the cannoli guy whio prepares fresh cannoli and granita. Amazing!

I had dinner there on a Saturday night in august so I was sitting outdoor and there was also a little jazz stand and live music... fantastic night.

Definitely worth trying if you like cured meats and cheese boards!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank MrLeonardo

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
“Delightful flavours of Sicily”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I've been in Syracuse last week , i was in Ortigia to find a good place to eat , I was with a car and was impossible to find a car park .... Finally I found it near the old market , when I went out I walked and I catch a nice place there , many people on the terrace that were enjoying the fabulous Tagliere of cheese and hams , beautiful presentation and lovely glasses of wines with them , I decided to make an Aperitivo there and I was impressed how the cheeses and hams were very tasty , incredible flavours with a perfume of the Sicily Island , the service was excellent and helpful , for sure on my next visit I will back again !!! A big thank to Francesco for the lovely service .

“Amazing lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our only regret is that we didn't find this place until our last day. We had a platter - one between two, although could have shared one between all four of us for lunch. They vary what dishes they give - salamis, cheese (amazing), salads. It was great, had it not been our last day, they would have given us a take-away of what we couldn't finish. The place is at the end of the market and at first the smell of fish was strong, but you soon get over this. If you love this kind of food - best local produce etc this is definitely the place to go. It was our favourite whilst in Syracuse.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Rachael P
“Wow!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I can honestly say that I have never had a better lunch. Incredible antipasto followed by an mind blowingly good ricotta and sweet vanilla cream pudding. This place is a shop / delicatessen and cafe all in one so we left with lots of amazing food to take home. Fantastic!!!!

1 Thank Blakusmaximus
Province of Florence, Italy
“Try icredible local products for a lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Located at the very end of a pictoresque local market, this place sells incredible local products and serves food. We saw a lot of tourist asking for a sandwich, which is good of course, but you shouldn't limit yourself to it. We had a "tagliere" of ham and cheese of different varities for lunch. When it is hot, nothing could be better. Amazing quality for modest price (24 euro with beer and everything).

Visited July 2014