There are more pluses than minuses here at the Principe di Fatalia. Being a positive person let's go with the good points. Top of the list is the service. A wonderful friendly, constantly caring staff make every aspect of your stay a pleasure. Check in was hysterical. Apart from Claudia operating two phones simultaneously, not finding my booking (not their fault) and showing me various rooms, we had no problem getting sorted and laughing all the time.
The next day I met Livinia and the hotel owner Isabella, all incredibly friendly and I massively enjoyed my 3 days there. Everyday by the pool the waiter would offer complimentary cold apple juice or ice tea and every evening small canapés would arrive with guests being asked to help themselves. Even after paying the bill, I had a fruit salad and the chef said it was with his compliments. A+ for service and friendliness. The pool is great, big, warm and very clean. The hotel have their own private beach which you get to by their private shuttle bus which is complimentary and as it is a bit outside of Syracuse and Ortigia they offer rides into the town if needed.
Like most things in Sicilia the interior is a bit old fashioned, not too much light, old velvet curtains, out of date furniture which does not invite staying indoors or drinking at the bar. A refit is needed in that department. Isabella, Livinia and I had quite a long discussion about the breakfast which I was assured was meant to cater to the German palate. Don't get me wrong, there is a big choice ranging from the Italian cakes and pastries to eggs, a few cereals and lots of fruit. I just think this could be a lot better. One of my friends commented on the lack of good Italian made coffee like a Macchiato or Cappuccino and that the cups were all wrong and old fashioned. I am nit-picking but I don't want my readers to be under any false illusions. All this can be fixed by any half decent catering and beverage manager.
Best news of all, this team will open a new hotel next June with a Spa and it is being built as I write. I can't wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Principe di Fitalia is a resort with a 5 star modern part and an old part, a charming villa of 1854. The hotel is managed by the owners. It has many services: spa one of the largest of Sicily, a restaurant with a kitchen designed to enhance the flavors of raw material that is all top notch. Tennis court, table tennis, 3 pools, 2 outdoor and one indoor heated (29/32 degrees), indoor and outdoor children's play room. fitness room, massage rooms. Just two steps from the sea of the nature reserve of Plemmirio. It's the right place to relax and to know Sicily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Principe di Fitalia Wellness & SPa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Principe Di Fitalia Syracuse
- Principe Di Fitalia Hotel
- Hotel Principe Di Fitalia Wellness & SPa Sicily/Syracuse, Italy