This hotel is situated in the Sicilian countryside to the south of Syracuse. On the first evening finding our way to the hotel by car was difficult, however a member of the hotel staff came to meet us at a nearby location to escort us to the hotel. When we arrived we were promptly escorted to our room and went to the restaurant for dinner. We now know the best route to this hotel is to take the motorway and exit for Cassible and then take the SS115 to Syracuse. On the outskirts of Syracuse you will pass the Albatros Hotel (on your left) and as you approach a Q8 garage (on the right) you will take a right turning just before, to Aranella. You then need to drive straight through 4 roundabouts and at the 5th roundabout, turn right and take the first left and drive straight for about 600 yards and the hotel is on your left.
The SS115 also takes you to Ortigia where there are numerous shops, restaurants and bars. The hotel can arrange a shuttle to Catania Airport and the shuttle to their beach area and to Ortigia are complementary.
The reception staff were brilliant, Lavinia, Claudia and Marco were always very helpful. Lavinia arranged for CNN news in our room and set us up with the room and hotel facilities and recommended restaurants. Marco helped us plan excursions and again recommended attractions and restaurants (La Tavernetta Da Piero in Ortigia - excellent fish and very reasonable - you need to book as very popular). Claudia arranged for a complementary bottle of prosecco and a delightful chocolate cake for a family celebration.
The rooms were well appointed, well serviced and clean, though the bathroom would have been better for us if it had a walk in shower. Water and coffee were complementary throughout the day and each afternoon complementary snacks were provided by the pool. The restaurant served breakfast, lunch and dinner to a high standard. We had dinner on the night we arrived, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The breakfast was continental style with a delightful array of sweet and savoury pastries and breads. The meats, fruit, olives and tomatoes were all contained in a sealed refrigerated cabinet, an excellent idea. Lunch and dinner were on a pre-order system and you were given menus at breakfast to make your choice. The restaurant, pool and bar service was excellent with diligent waiting staff on hand always. The complementary shuttle service was reliable and professional.
The rooms and hotel grounds were well maintained, there were also a gym, jacuzzi and sauna facilities. The sauna was located next to reception and in my opinion that was not ideal. The gym was located on the roof and was well equipped. There was a great roof terrace and rooms had balconies or patios.
The beach area was 4km from the hotel, an elevated pontoon with lifeguard, well maintained toilet and shower facilities and a well run beach bar. The sea was sandy and very warm and clear.
We visited a number of towns in southern Sicily: Modica famous for chocolate, Ragussa of Inspector Montalbano fame and Marzamemi, a delightful fishing village which has lots of shops, restaurants and ice cream parlours and bars. We also visited Mount Etna and Taoramina and an excellent American style factory outlet on the motorway towards Palermo with great discounts and prices.
All in all, this hotel was lovely and relaxing I will return to the Principe di Fitalia again and would recommend this hotel without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Principe di Fitalia is a resort with a 5 star modern part and an old part, a charming villa of 1854. The hotel is managed by the owners. It has many services: spa one of the largest of Sicily, a restaurant with a kitchen designed to enhance the flavors of raw material that is all top notch. Tennis court, table tennis, 3 pools, 2 outdoor and one indoor heated (29/32 degrees), indoor and outdoor children's play room. fitness room, massage rooms. Just two steps from the sea of the nature reserve of Plemmirio. It's the right place to relax and to know Sicily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Principe di Fitalia Wellness & SPa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Principe Di Fitalia Syracuse
- Principe Di Fitalia Hotel
- Hotel Principe Di Fitalia Wellness & SPa Sicily/Syracuse, Italy