We spent 2 nights there in early October on the first part of a 3 week Sicily/ Italy vacation that nearly became derailed when we suffered a terrible attack of mosquito bites. Our first night there the weather was pleasant so we decided to sit out on the deck and have some food and drink. No one warned us about the mosquito problem. The pool was not in service and had not been drained or properly kept chemically balanced. We had left the doors to our rooms open because it was such a warm night and the mosquitos were everywhere. By the time we were alerted the damage was done. I spent the next 2 weeks of our vacation stopping by various pharmacies for medicines and treating my wife's bites which very nearly became infected. The people who run the hotel are very nice and the rooms were adequate and fairly well kept up, but this was the worst experience of any trip we have taken. As a side note, the signage to the hotel off Via per Florida is poor and Via Agamemnon is poorly paved badly rutted with large potholes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Minutes from the city. In the quietness of the country. In the fabulouse setting of the Val Di Noto, 5 km form the town center of Syracuse-Florida Road, stands the Aldebaran Family Hotel. This 1960's Villa has been completely refurbished, making it the ideal place for total relaxation. The Aldebaran is a small, friendly hotel, completely immersed in the countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldebaran Family Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Aldebaran Family
- Aldebaran Family Syracuse
- Aldebaran Family Hotel Sicily/Syracuse, Italy