It really is very convenient, close to catacombs, museum and the archaeological area. Long walk to Ortiega but there are pizzerias and a supermarket in the adjacent streets and a range of restaurants by the bridge. Intended to take a taxi back but never did. Rooms are classic business hotel, has everything, big enough, comfortable. CHARGE FOR WIFI (very bad). Last day couldn't be bothered to walk into town and ate at hotel. Not unreasonable prices and actually surprisingly good. We did have a problem with aircon, which failed both days but staff relocated us to rooms where it worked (shuts down when room is left, so ring reception to get it reset). Staff tried hard to compensate us, waiving the parking charges and two drinks we had the first day. I suspect (given how pissed off the staff were) the aircon problem is now permanently fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is centrally located adjacent to the historical archaeological zone and within close proximity to the Paolo Orsi Museum, the shopping district, as well as the historical island of Ortigia. It's an ideal structure for both business and tourist guests. The hotel offers 93 air-conditioned rooms, and includes an open-air, roof-top swimming pool with panoramic views, a solarium, a conference centre, two bars, and underground garage and external parking. The inviting, full buffet breakfast uses local Sicilian produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Mercure Siracusa Prometeo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Siracusa Prometeo
- Mercure Hotel Syracuse
- Hotel Mercure Siracusa Prometeo Sicily/Syracuse, Italy