Great villa with sea views across to Siracusa and with Etna in the background. has all facilities and amenities including air con and a pool - both very welcome after a hard days touristing
TIP: the Villa is last on the left as you take the road down - Nr 13. Confusingly Nr11 is at the other end of the street?
We loved our holiday to Sicily. Villa was roomy, comfortable, lots of facilities and a fabulous pool, in a really interesting area, BUT:
- Owner/manager did not give us directions or much advance information
- he gave us the wrong address and wrong name for the villa! - the road name had changed the week before apparently which he didn't know, and we had nothing except GPS co-ordinates which didn't work in my SatNav, so we arrived at 10.00pm with 2 sleepy kids and had to drive around for 2 hours trying to find it (the local factor, Luca, was very helpful). The Villa is actually called Villa Sabrina. Not a good start to our hols!
- kitchen badly equipped, no big knives, bowls, can opener, wine glasses etc, no microwave as advertised
- the air conditioning in bottom bedroom didn't work
- the pool went bright green with algae after 3 days although they fixed this immediately
The villa was a great base for exploring the Plemmirio marine park which is relatively unknown and has great snorkelling and feels like the edge of the world. Villa is in a residential area and the nearest shop is a 10 min drive, with restaurants etc further again, so you need a car. All in all the villa was a bit overpriced for what it was but we really liked the area and would go back.