“Incredible view and food”
Review of Al Saraceno

Al Saraceno
Ranked #11 of 279 Restaurants in Taormina
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The service, food, and views were all great. The owner even gave my wife his coat so we were able to stay warm while staring at Mt. Etna during our dinner. We had the sea bass and seafood pasta with a bottle of wine. All were incredible. It was a $15 taxi from Taormina, but we found the stairs about 50 yards from the restaurant and took them down to Taormina after dinner. The walk only took 10 minutes and was well worth it. Definitely have dinner or lunch here during your stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Worth the trip to this restaurant, the views are amazing but the food is to die for. Best meal we had in Taormina.
The staff were so friendly and helpful.
Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We found the place by chance when staying in a b&b close by. After the 1st dinner there, we did not look for a different place for the 2nd night. Alfio is a great host, provides advice on the various dishes, is always in for a chat and if you do not like chocolate on the semifredo, he will change it into caramel.
Authentic, great food, superb views, reasonable prices, nice service.

1  Thank MiamiKeyWest
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location of the restaurant is next to the castle. So a taxi should be taken to go up there, to avoid the approximate 600 steps.

When arriving there, you know immediately why it has that good ratings. As people mentioned before, thw view is breathtaking.

As well the owner told us that sometimes the people see also eruptions from the Etna, this means this fantastic view and then leaving your mouth open and forgetting to eat, as you see he erruption from the Etna

Soup of muscles and vongole was excellent. As well the pasta was great, as it had such an intense and great taste. The wine was good, but had to stop to order a second carafe as my girlfriend looked then angry. But have to say, the food was so much so we had to stop with primi platti and no secondi platti anymore.

At the end we didnt need to take a taxi to go down to the city mainstreets, as the owner took us with his own car.

As I said, excellent.

The poor ratings for this restaurants I can't understand. Is a nice fancy city taormina, some people don't know that in Italy the food you need to enjoy and everything takes some time, everwhere.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I can't imagine there are many places in the world that have views like this whilst you eat. Truely breathtaking and so romantic . We we given complimentary glasses of prosecco given it was our wedding anniversary which was a nice touch. My husband and I had king prawns to start with a blood orange sauce, very unusual but good to see they use local ingredients. We also were given pizza bread fresh from the oven, brushed with olive oil and rosemary. It was to die for. They have a full pizza menu and I can't imagine they would be anything but superb given the small sample we had been given. I was tempted to change my order. Our second course was ravioli which was huge in size but again lovely and fresh and perfectly cooked. I had then ordered a fillet steak with Gorgonzola cheese. It arrived with the wrong sauce , peppercorn , but it was immediately whipped away with many apologies incl my husbands dish to ensure they both arrived together. This was not a big deal to us , we needed time to ensure we had enough room to even eat this course. I would say stick to the fish, pasta and pizza , I wasn't over enthusiastic about the meat course but that may be just personal preference. Our host was also very knowledgeable about the wine and a fun guy bubbling with enthusiasm which made it overall a good night out. Thank you .

1  Thank Leyla G