Hotel Continental
US$209
US$199
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Diodoro(Taormina)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$160
US$135
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Baia delle Sirene(Taormina)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$367
US$346
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscorso umbertothe main streetmt etnaroad scholargreat view from the terracefew stepsgreat hotelsuperior roomvilla zuccarorain showersmall showershort walkhotel terracestay at this hotel againionian seabreakfast roomrestaurants and bars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We needed a hotel that could accommodate our group on fairly short notice and it needed to be within a limited budget. This did not leave many options, and we were lucky to have found the Continental. It was close to the center but still quiet, and the staff was amazingly helpful and friendly. Stefano and family and Sebi went out of their way to help us and make us comfortable--was like visiting a family friend. The terrace with the gorgeous view of the city & Etna was the perfect place to unwind at day's end.

They don't have a restaurant within the hotel, but there is a wonderful one owned by their family and located right outside the garden.

My only complaint was the bathrooms: the showers were very small and not for the claustrophobic. I think all the good qualities more than made up for this though.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Arrived in Taormina in a thunderstorm and parked by this hotel by chance. It turned out to be a godsend. In a superb position, with a short cut through the garden straight down to the Corso Umberto, the staff are courteous and charming and do everything they can to make your stay as comfortable as enjoyable as possible. Excellent and varied breakfasts, a lovely garden. It has no pool but otherwise is a great place to stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2010

This hotel in a close proximity to the main street Corso Umberto which has all shops and restaurants. The staff at the front desk were always smiling and very friendly. The buffet breakfast offered a nice variety of foods and even had fresh fruit. I was in love with the spectacular view from the terrace on the top of the hotel...wow!! On the downside, my room was very plain and dismal and reminded me of a room in the hospital. It could definitely use some updating on the decor. Overall, I did enjoy my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I stayed in this hotel in September 2009. I have been meaning to write this review for a while but never got around to it. I agree, the location of this hotel is excellent and the views from the terrace wonderful. However, the rooms we had were dull and lifeless and dark. You would not want to spend any more time than necessary in the rooms. The breakfast was minimal and consisted of some yogurts, the same bread/pastry selection every morning and was not exciting atall. We felt the hotel was musty. One member of the party was in a single room. It was tiny and it smelled. He arrived late after a delayed flight and the room was a shock. He asked for another room, was told none available
(which is hard to believe as it was September and we only ever saw at most 4 other people at breakfast). He stayed for 3 nights and when he couldn't stick it anymore moved to another hotel. I agree the staff at the desk were pleasant and the bus to the private beach that went past the hotel was a plus as the beaches near the cable car are quite small with sunbeds on top of each other. Given the more recent reviews perhaps this hotel has improved. I would not consider myself to be overly fussy and I have stayed in many hotels . This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in but please balance my review out against all others to help you make an informed decision.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Gaelic_traveller
Reviewed 17 June 2010

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Whenever I had a question or needed help, they were more than happy to help. The simplicity of the rooms and friendly staff made me feel right at home. The location was convenient and close to the main street. I'll definitely be returning!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo