“The best place I have stayed at in years!”
Review of Panoramic Hotel

Panoramic Hotel
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Taormina
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We just returned from ten glorious nights at the Panoramic Hotel. I am swamped with catch up work but wanted to get this review up and will return later to add photos. This is such a special gem I wanted to let people know about it right away! As the owner of a travel agency I have stayed in literally hundreds of hotels and never have I felt so welcomed or catered to. Due to its small size the staff all gets to know you- Gabrielle, Monica, Andrea each knew my husband liked Cappuccino at breakfast and I Mimosa's and they were always ready with them and a good morning smile. Pietro and Antonio knew exactly the types of restaurants we were looking for and always had great suggestions. Our housekeeper Krystyna kept things so clean you could eat off the floor- everything was magically perfect. We were on the third floor room 305 and I have to say the view could not get any better than this! I don't know why some past reviewers mentioned noise, I was expecting the hotel to be on a very busy street like the via nazionale in Rome from what I read but we thought it was very quaint and peaceful and certainly not noisy like I was prepared for. The beach is 126 steps down from the hotel (yes I counted them lol it justified my drinking lemoncello each night as I figured I burned it off) but it is a must do! The water is crystal clear and refreshing. Bring water shoes as this is not a sandy beach but it is definitely a do not miss event! The hotel has a beautiful pool that is much larger than most resorts, it is on the roof so you get the same excellent view as from your balcony. Bar service as well as light meals are served and there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas for everyone. Also there are two outside showers that include hot as well as cold water and a bathroom which were great touches. On the floor where the breakfast terrace is there is another little hidden nook. Behind some flowering bushes are poufy couches and huge lounge chairs filled with pillow. Soft music plays and you honestly feel like you are sitting on the veranda of your own multimillion dollar villa gazing out at Isola Bella. In my opinion Pietro is the hotel's most prized asset. He was not only our friend, concierge and local expert but you could tell he is truly vested in making sure every person has a flawless vacation. I wish I could find an employee so dedicated to customer service as I would hire him or her on the spot! I will put photos up as soon as I get time but you can always message me if you want more information. This is honestly the best place I have stayed in years and I will be recommending it to all my clients!

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony facing the sea I can't imagine a poor room choice
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ann M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,003)

Reviewed 6 July 2011

First trip to Sicily and my boyfriend and i decided to stay at the Panoramic Hotel as it seemed close to the sea, but was cheaper than other hotels in the area.
I cannot give this hotel enough praise. There was no reason for it to be cheaper than other hotels - infact i'd may more to stay here next time! The staff were really friendly and fluent English speakers. One of the guys in reception was unbelieveably helpful and recommended two different restaurants for us to eat - both were brilliant value and really really nice. We were treated like royalty at these restaurants also.

The pool is amazing too, it looks out over the sea and the coast, and the view from the bedrooms was enough to make me want to move to Taormina.

We found it really easy to find which was great as we drove from the airport to the hotel.

This hotel is perfect for anyone on a regular or special holiday.

make sure you go visit Golle del Alcantra if you are staying in the Taormina area!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Myself and my wife have just come back from a weeks stay at the Panoramic. This hotel is sensational and one that I would highly recommend. The staff are friendly and couldnt be more helpful, especially Gabbrielle and Monica who worked in the bar and at Breakfast (which was fantastic!!). Also Pietro, the duty manager, thanks for all the great restaurant reccomendations and for totally looking after us during our stay.

We spent 3 weeks travelling around Italy, The Panoramic, and it's staff were by far the best.

Thank you so much!!!!

Much!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank HarryHarrison1979
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and were very happy with the location, rooms and service. The hotel has great views of the bay and is close to the cable car to Taormina (so no need to use the car). The beach directly below the hotel has them most amazing water, but is a pebble beach so get ready for some uncomfortable walking. The rooms have great views, are clean and airy and despite being just on top of a main road, are fairly quiet (double glazing and air conditioning noise helps). Breakfast and drinks are served on a lovely terrace and the swimming pool on top of the building was very nice as well. The service was excellent with all the staff being very helpful so make sure you ask for recommendations for restaurants and even boat trips. We had a perfect time and will be back!

2  Thank Ciampi1
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was our second trip to Taormina. We were concerned about not being in the centre of town on this stay but this hotel is fabulous and you can walk to the beach or enjoy the town. Access to Taormina is easy via cabe car - or even better hire a scooter. Do not even try to park a car in the town. Better to get a taxi from the airport .
The staff werevery friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful. They had good tips for restaurants etc. All front house staff spoke very good english but those that didn't (lovely lady who cleaned our room) still made an effort to engage with us. We were travelling with our 4 year old daughter and felt very comfortable with her "pottering around" as the hotel is of such a size that everyone knew her and she was very well looked after. The roof top pool is fantastic. Lots of space to not feel you were 'on top' of other guests and it was quite possible to have the pool or terrace bar area to ourselves at times. The breakfasts are great. Plenty of options.

Room Tip: There is some road noise. We were on third floor.
Reviewed 26 June 2011

We picked this hotel based on the great reviews from Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed – it was better than expected. The hotel is beautiful, situated across the street from the beach, and the hotel staff couldn’t have been friendlier. This was the best hotel we stayed at during our trip to Sicily and Southern Italy.

The rooms are spacious and we had a balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean. We could walk everywhere. Pietro was a great help in recommending restaurants we would never have found on our own and the food was delicious. Pietro arranged everything for us, from dinner reservations, Mt Etna tour and a driver to and from the airport. He is an exceptional host and he even makes a great espresso.

We can’t wait to return!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Well this hotel is definatley the best hotel we have been to so far. Pietro could not do enough for us. We thought we were bothereing him with all our questions but nothing was to much trouble. Antonio and Sandro were also very helpful. Aside from the exceptional service the hotel features were also spectacular , like the rooftop pool and terazzo with a magnificent view of Toarmina coast. Breakfast was delicious and view to die for. Toarmina is one of the most beautifuls places in the world so if you are going to visit please stay at this hotel and you will not be disappointed!!! Say hello to Pietro for me