El Jebel Hotel
US$309
US$277
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Il Piccolo Giardino(Taormina)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
US$191
US$185
Travelocity
US$587
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Paradiso(Taormina)(Great Value!)
US$281
Hotel Ariston(Taormina)(Great Value!)
US$218
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsroof terracethe main streetjunior suiteboutique hotelsmall hotelfirst flooryour luggagewelcome drinkcorso umbertostairs to climbparadise beach clubbeautiful hotelmulti storey car parkporta cataniamount etnathe location is perfectview of the bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We arrived into El Jebel late at night and were welcomed by friendly and helpful front desk staff and this is where I'd like to start my review. Front desks (Receptions) really do cause me headaches at most hotels: Unfriendly staff, unhelpful staff and staff with generic answers who can't be bothered to provide a service. The staff at El Jebel couldn't be more different, friendly, attentive and pro-active...so a great start right at the front door and because it's a boutique hotel, you rarely see any other guests, it's a personal service. We were upgraded on arrival from a junior suite to a deluxe and it was superb- like living in our own grand apartment for the week, with the grandest, most opulent bathroom I have ever seen. The bed was huge and comfortable, décor was superb and stylish, yet inviting and comfortable. Our room was tidied and cleaned twice daily, yet we only stumbled upon the cleaning staff once in the week, they really were like little fairies, almost invisible. The view from our room was worth the price of the holiday alone- a stunning view over the bays of Taormina and a great view of the amazing Mount Etna. Breakfasts were plentiful if tailored more to the continental European tastes, as opposed to British, but the quality was undoubted and service staff were perfection. The roof terrace during the day is like your own private oasis of sunbathing or relaxation (I'd like to see more sun loungers during the day BUT I am guessing the idea is to minimise the amount of guests lounging about all day, which is fine). The view from the roof terrace can't be summed up in words and you need to experience at night whilst eating at the amazing in house restaurant, which was the best food we ate all week in Taormina. The food at the Ciampoli restaurant is five star- it's pricey, but not extortionate at around 20-30% more than a regular tourist-style restaurant that can be found on every corner in the historical old part of Taormina. I have to say, we were let down by the food at most of the restaurants of Costu Umberto where food was average, with some "good" places, but the restaurant at El Jebel is 3 times the quality of anywhere else we ate all week, the lobster Linguini was 10/10. My tip for foodies in Taormina is pay more for your food!! A 12 Euro mixed meat grill on Costu Umberto tastes like a 12 euro mixed meat grill, a 23 euro steak at Ciampoli (El Jebel) tastes like a 23 Euro piece of meat- never has the adage "you get what you pay for" rang more true than Taormina. If I have one issue at El Jebel it's the 30% charge for room service...Not needed in my opinion, 10% I can accept, 30% is too high guys and a blip on the excellent service.
All in all the staff were superb and from memory I would name: Saroj, Marko, Evelyn and Antonio...but in truth, there were 2-3 other guys whose name badges I never saw, who were equally as good. If we return to Taormina, I would use the El Jebel!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason R
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The El Jebel is a truly lovely hotel. The suites are spacious, beautifully and individually furnished and the bathrooms (something of a fetish of mine) are divine. However the best part of the experience is the staff - they are all helpful, friendly (and in some cases very amusing!). The restaurant and bar are comfortable and the food very, very good. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2013

17th to 19th May 2013. We booked the whole of El Jebel for 2 nights for our Wedding party. Everyone fell in love with this hotel and the staff. A special Thank You to Rita and Antonio for catering for our every wish. The hotel is beautiful and our wedding meal was exquisite, not to mention the canapes and evening buffet. We will add photos when we get them, we cannot express in words how perfect our Wedding Day was. We got married in the Palazzo Duchi Di Santo Stefano, just a 2 minute walk for El Jebel, pefect location! We were allowed the use of the honeymoon suite for the whole day after our wedding, wow what an amazing room. We all loved the roof top terrace, and the downstairs room was perfect for our meal and dancing later! Thank You all. Mr and Mrs Croft and all of our Family. We want to come back already!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrandMrsCroft
Reviewed 29 May 2013

El Jebel rightly deserves its rating on Tripadvisor - it is very stylish and ideally positioned (literally) just off Corso Umberto. The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful - nothing was too much for them and everything was dealt with perfectly and quickly. We even had some Italian lessons from Evelyn over the excellent breakfast.

This is a small hotel and they don't have a pool, however they happily provided beach towels for us every day - something we have struggled with in many hotels in the past! If you are driving then ask about the weekly tickets at the Multi storey car park - on the advice of one of the guys on the front desk at El Jebel we saved €50 over the week!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My two mums (mum and future mum in law) and I enjoyed a spectacular food tasting mid May 2013 in preparation for our wedding at the El Jebel in May 2014. The food was just stunning; presented not only amazingly but the taste was exquisite. All the dishes were beautiful and you can tell the chef really takes great pride in his work. The staff really set this place off; from the cocktails specially prepared for you to the warm and genuine conversation. From the moment you arrive til the time you unfortunately have to leave the staff make you feel special.

This is a magical place and I cannot wait for the wedding next year!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family