“Great food In a beautiful courtyard garden setting”
Review of Maffei's

Maffei's
Ranked #67 of 272 Restaurants in Taormina
Price range: US$23 - US$82
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Cheltenham, England
“Great food In a beautiful courtyard garden setting”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Tucked away from the Main Street this beautiful courtyard restaurant is covered in flowers and serves excellent food. The service is good and I think you must reserve a table as even on a Wednesday night it was very busy by 20.30 I can highly recommend this restaurant .

Visited June 2014

• Turkish first
london
“Lovely setting, good food.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

There are so many places to eat in Taormina that it can become quite overwhelming. We saw this place down a little side street and thought we'd give it a go, we are glad we did. It was a nice warm evening so sitting outside under the bougainvillea canopy was a pleasure. The staff were very friendly and chatty (we speak a little Italian which helped) and the food was delicious. Perhaps a little pricey for what you get but worth it for good food and a lovely evening.

Visited June 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
“Nice place but...”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

You wait for hours for the food. Service is good but in one point you get sick of waiting. But anyway worth to see. Beautiful place.

• Visited June 2014
“Best meal of my trip”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm not normally a member of the clean plate club, and this was my 10th trip to Italy, I've lived there twice, so I do not say 'best meal of my trip' lightly. This was phenomenal and I finished the whole thing I thought I was going to burst. I should have gone back every night I was in Taormina but I wanted to try things new. No I really SHOULD have gone and had this dish all three nights in a row really it was sooooo good.

I got Tagliolini con Prosciutto gratin and it didnt have any other descriptors besides i think it being a cream sauce? Maybe it didnt even say that on the menu but I ordered it anyway bc I'm a big fan of prosciutto. This was like creamy sauce with cheese sort of baked on top of the pasta and the prosciutto was like smoked or baked as well and it was AMAZING. I'd never had a pasta dish or prosciutto like that but I want more. I want it with everything. It was incredible.

The outdoor dining area is really pretty with little lanterns all around and a bar in the back corner and a good number of tables in this sort of back garden they have off Corso Umberto (the main street). I constantly had waiters in close proximity if I needed anything but they weren't invasive or pushy -- they were very friendly and welcoming and open to chat with everyone. I heard a lot of them speak a variety of languages to the other patrons so I'm sure that was nice for people who don't know Italian. As someone who was dining alone, I felt very welcomed and comfortable, so much so that I ended up being there for 2 hours.

The only downside were the 8 bug bites I got sitting there for so long!

• Visited May 2014
Sydney
“If you like Seafood!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

If you like Seafood then Maffei's is for you!
We had the most amazing dinner last night, starters of grilled anchovies and oysters (French) followed by Grilled Prawns and whole Baby Snapper in Sicilian Sauce, dessert was Panacotta with strawberries.
We sat outside under the beautiful bougainvillaea canopy, bit chilly but the atmosphere was great.
The staff were very attentive and informative without being in your face.
We really enjoyed our night there and will be going back!

• Visited May 2014