“Extravagant Bliss!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 88 Hotels in Taormina
London
“Extravagant Bliss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband and I had a brilliantly, spoilt, relaxing, well needed break! We loved the hotel decor a mixture between very modern with old features. Great location right in the middle of the hubbub (but very quiet in our room) of Taormina with the most FANTASTIC views! This hotel is best for a break and not if you want to go sightseeing as we were at our happiest by the pool, which is most unlike us! Also if you want near the beach then this is not the place to be, although there is a shuttle bus that will take you if you wish. We went one day to the beach but were eager to go back to our hotel for the pool, view and the service provided by the very professional and smiley waiter, Antonio. His cocktails are a must! I do however feel that guests of the hotel should not pay such extortionate fees for the drinks and meals as the rooms are already expensive. If it was not for Antonio and the hotel`s excellent service then we would have not have paid for around 16 pounds for a gin and tonic and 22 pounds for a cocktail! The food was also incredible but small portions. However the staff were so attentive that it was just about acceptable. Maria kindly always ensured that I had the bread I liked every morning for breakfast and Valentina ensured a delicious Birthday cake for my husband. All in all I very much recommend this hotel if you need to rest, relax and pamper yourself. So long as you do not expect anything too practical or sensible! And above all make sure you have a room with a view overlooking the ocean. Thank you to the owner of the hotel for such a quaint beautiful hotel!

Room Tip: Must have sea view room and better still a balcony
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
3 Thank LondonLipstick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Hebrew first
milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Excellent and well furnished restaurant in the city center of taormina ; guests can enjoy a great atmosphere , breathtaking view down to the sea and the bay of Giardini Naxos.From the terrace of the restaurant you can also enjoy an amazing view of M. Etna. Top-quality and fresh food, friendly staff. The chef comes to table to make sure that all is ok.
I recommend this restaurant and the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Metropole for just a couple of nights due to our base hotel, the Grand Hotel San Pietro, closing for the season. The Metropole is located right in the heart of Taormina so is right on Corso Umberto where all the wonderful shops are located AND nearby to all the various restaurants. The hotel itself is very, very contemporary! The welcoming and very chic entrance sets the tone. We found the staff to be quite personable and very helpful! Our room was all white marble and white acessories with a large, roomy bed; windows overlooking the sea; a GORGEOUS, modern bathroom with all the amenities! We only ate breakfast at the hotel once and it was adequate. Because of all our day trips, we really did not have any chance to eat in their restaurant. Would I stay there again? Although very, very beautiful, I would say that I would prefer a hotel located a little more remote and tranquil...not so near all the hustle and bustle of Corso Umberto but rather situated closer to the sea (Grand Hotel San Pietro-see my recent review as we stayed there first). If we had stayed at the Metropole the entire time in Taormina, then I doubt if we would have had the opportunity to explore the rest of the area as thoroughly as we did. Both hotels, however, are lovely!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

What an amazing hotel in a beautiful location. From the friendliest staff, beautiful appointed spacious rooms, gorgeous shower. Luxurious bed and best balcony over looking the Mediterranean sea. We just loved our Deluxe Room.

From walking into the foyer and being greeted by the staff I felt like royalty and being shown around the property. The sensational infinity pool with the best looking pool man. Breakfast on the terrace was just amazing and just delicious.

Room Service/Restaurant menu was worthy of a 3 hatted restaurant – thank you to Chef Andreas for your beautiful pasta and food – I can still taste it!

Felt very special when I asked for a taxi to take me to Isole Bella….only to be provided by the hotel my own private transfer – which then came to collect me at the end of my beach day. WOW this is the service that other hotels should take note of.

Nothing was too hard. Staff were extremely friendly. You must enjoy an evening drink on the terrace to watch the sunset.

This is the only place to stay in whilst your visiting taromina….no other hotel like it.

Will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Enjoy the turn down service each night
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

from the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated like royalty and nothing was too much to ask of the staff. The rooms were so beautiful, the bed was very comfortable, the shower was so relaxing. The view from our room was amazing and the room service impeccable. The pool was beautiful and the pool service so professional. I ordered room service and was pleasantly satisfied. The decor of the hotel and the lounge area impressive. I must commend the Chef Andreas, he is a talented and amazing chef and an asset to the hotel. I cannot fault this hotel and it is situation on the corso which is perfect as it is central to everything. Will definately be going back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

We had the pleasure of staying for 10 nights in July ,difficult to imagine a better managed team . The director , francesca and the fantastic reception team and the lovely Maria at breakfast , always a smile from all of the team and nothing was ever a problem .
The hotel restaurant had been described as excellent in other reviews , wish I could find a more descrptive word , the food was superd and the service faultless - if you in Taormina you really must eat here .
We do not generally return to hotelks , however , if we return to Sicily this is where we will stay - the views alone make it worth the trip .
Overall the Metrople is an experience not to be missed and our advice - give it a try - it will not disappoint .
C and c from Dubai

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
venice, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

The Metropole is an ideal modern boutique hotel. The small size makes it feel very intimate and inviting; the incredibly warm and helpful staff complement this feeling. In fact, I can't say enough positive things about the staff. They helped make this trip of ours to Taormina one of the most memorable we have ever had by arranging terrific meals, suggesting places to go, and just generally making us feel at home. The location, in the middle of the main street though town, is at odds with how secluded and quiet it feels once you are inside. You get the best of both worlds -- close to busy shops and restaurants, but also a true oasis for holiday relaxation with a knock-out view of the sea below. The design is modern and clean, which we loved. The beds are very comfortable and bathrooms are beautiful and functional.

Room Tip: A couple rooms have private outdoor hot tubs.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends