“Beach Side Delight”

Lido La Pigna
Ranked #36 of 266 Restaurants in Taormina
Price range: US$8 - US$78
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lido La Pigna is easily connected to Taormina town center via cable-car. The attending staff will be glad to host you in the spacious terraces serving first quality Sicilian food products in a relaxing and informal atmosphere. The fully equipped beach area is a must to get the perfect tan and swim in the peerless ledge of the historic Mazzarò Bay. Don't miss the "Lido La Pigna Experience"... a deep dive in the Sicilian Heritage.
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
“Beach Side Delight”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Cafe perched on the beach. Good friendly and helpful staff. They even had the patience to help me log on to their Wi-Fi.
Changing rooms and showers are available to make it easy to spend the day here.
We travelled from the hillside town on the cable car my first cable car ride and I very much enjoyed the experience. Looking forward to the return journey.
Food and drinks very good value for money. Bet it's really busy in the height of the season, pleasantly busy in October.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I coordinated my husband's 40th birthday party here at Lido La Pigna. We also were getting married the same week. I've never been to Taormina before, and coordinated the events solely on feedback from tripadvisor. Wow, did I choose correctly! Thomas was an absolute gem. You can tell it's a family-run restaurant. His mom and his daughter are always hanging around to help you feel right at home. Thomas was flexible on meeting my needs to cater for 60+ people pizza and unlimited beer, wine, and prosecco all within my budget. Some of our guests even said that was the best pizza they've had all week! It was a spectacular night right on the water with a full-moon and even surprise fireworks in the bay. We couldn't have chosen a better place for the service, food, location, and atomosphere. We hope to see you again Thomas when we visit for our anniversary. Ciao ciao, Jennifer & James xx

New York City, New York
“OK. Good View of Boats.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

It was OK, and certainly better than the place next door. Nothing fantastic, and how anyone could describe it as having 'the best food in Italy' defies comprehension.

Still, the staff were pleasant, and there is a nice view of a pretty bay, with lots of little boats.

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“OK Beach Restaurant”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

It was fine - a straightforward menu, sensibly priced. They were very busy and after a slow start we were served pretty quickly.

Visited September 2013
Catania
“The best Lido in Taormina”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Just a short walk from the Cable Car from Taormina, this Lido is without doubt the friendliest and best value way to enjoy the wonderful Bay of Mazzaro. This area is a very exclusive resort so I didn't want to walk to Isola Bella and spend 8 hours lying on uncomfortable stones scrimping just to save a few euros. So I did La Pigna almost every day for two weeks. Lunchtime I either ate biggest tastiest vegetarian Pizza or the huge salad on the first floor restaurant looking over this stunning bay..the linguine allo scoglio was absolutely dreamy washed down with a few glasses of vino..I drank copious amounts of the cheapest local bottled beer throughout the day and I actually made the effort to chat to the guys that work there....So by the time I paid my bill every evening, I swear it was less for 8 hours luxury than a couple of hours drinking cocktails up in Taormina....It turns out that all the cool kids of Tao go here too so when I went out in the evening I lost count of the amount of free drinks I scored cos the bar owner had seen me at La Pigna....Sweet deal.....I hope you have the same wonderful experience that I had....peace out....