“Paradise in Sicily”

The view from inside
The amazing view
The Balcony
The Balcony
Wake up looking at the sunrise
The beach of Mazzeo Taormina
Catania
Agrigento
View of the beach
General view of Mazzeo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Calgary, Canada
“Paradise in Sicily”
Reviewed 7 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

First of all I would like to thank our hosts, Christina and Pinuccio for helping with everything, from giving the taxi driver proper directions to finding bus schedules for us when we were completely lost, I can't thank them enough.

My wife and I spent just over a full week in this beautiful little walk up apartment, and enjoyed every minute of it, we almost skipped out on the excursions we had prepaid for just to stay in there longer. The sunrise is the best we had in Sicily, hands down, and the views are incredible, when you first arrive you enter the living/dining room and look out that huge three panel floor to ceiling window and it takes your breath away.

As for the apartment itself, I've stayed in a few of these so I kinda know what to expect, the kitchen was a perfect size for two people and would work as well with two adults and two kids if need be, great little 4 burner gas cook top and a large toaster oven, full size fridge with freezer, and a nice table with 4 chairs, across from that is the pull out sofa bed, tv and cable box stand, tv is small but trust me, your not going to be using it much if at all anyway. As well with the kitchen you get a large set of pots with lids, frying pan, utensils, plates, etc, pretty much everything you need, except for garbage bags and paper towels. That being said, when you go out to pick up some groceries, the plastic bags they give you work perfectly in the garbage can so no need to buy any of those. The bedroom is a really good size, I was surprised, and there is a walk in closet that you can hang lots of cloths plus a dresser and end tables for storage. The bathroom is a full 4 piece with a washing machine and there is a cloths rack you can put out on the balcony for drying your cloths after the wash. So for the apartment my wife and I were overly satisfied and it was a sad day indeed when we finally had to leave.

The neighbourhood was very quite, especially when just coming from Roma, there is a food mart just down the street about 100m or so, they will have pretty much everything you need, except for fresh meat and fish, ask her about the home made wine she has, its the best and a great value too. Next door to the food market is a fresh fish shop but we found it is only open early in the morning, say before 11am or so, ask Christina about the butcher shop up the road, its also only a 100m or 200m away. Christina can also give you some great suggestions about where to eat and drink in town as well, she is very helpful and a delight to deal with.

My wife and I love to travel, every time we go somewhere really special to us we make a point of adding it to our list of places that we will go back to, I can tell you my friends, this is one of those places, its not glamorous or fancy, its just exactly what you need, if you get my meaning.

Thanks you Christina, you will see us again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All of it
Liked least: That I had to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
lilianave...
Timisoara, Romania
“My lovely holiday”
Reviewed 2 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Dear Fufu and Pinuccio,

The holiday I spent in your apartment in June 2013, is neither the first , nor the last there. As I have told you when I left, although I travel a lot and I have seen many countries, beautiful landscapes, good or not so good B&Bs and hotels, for me Holiday=Da Concettina + the wonderful Letojani beach, and your clean and well equipped apartments. With you, I feel so familiar. You two are so warm and kind, and your place is exactly what I need for a perfect vacation.

So, thank you Fufu, for being there whenever we needed something, and for keeping the place so clean . And thank you Pinuccio for the tasty breakfast, and for teaching us gently, step by step your song-like language – Italian.

I look forward to come again to that dream- like place as soon as possible. Please give our best regards to your mother and best wishes for you two. Liliana and Florian

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: cleanliness
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
MichaelTo...
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“One awesome view from your appartment!”
Reviewed 29 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011
people found this review helpful

Me and my wife where on honeymoon in Sicily and made a round trip on the island. We spend most of our time in hotels but we also wanted the freedom of a appartment so we booked this one.

After climbing three stairs, do not go here if you have troubles with stairs, you will see the most beautifull sea view ever. The appartment itselve was clean and very nice. You have airconditioning in both the living room and bedroom. A small TV, a washing machine and a shower and if you ever get in a fight with your wife you have a sleeping couch ;)

The location of the appartment was very good, located in a small village but close to some nice restaurants.

I would definitely recommend this appartment to people that want to stay for 5 days or less. In those 5 days you can see most of the enviroment. If you are looking for staying longer I would advise to do this as a beach holiday, then this appartment is perfect!

Pinuccio and Kristina (the owners) where very happy to see us and we felt very very welcome!

Enjoy your holiday and a small tip, get the garage for the extra money it is worth it alot.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Tourists
Management Response
12 Jul 2011
Thank you very much for recommending our apartment to every one will read this wonderful review!
We really like your comments, you couldn't make us happier.
We had a great pleasure in meeting you and your wife during your honey moon and we were sure that our apartment was the perfect location for a romantic stay.
Then we have to say that you have been so kind to us, very respectful for the apartment given.
Thank you very much for your stay and if you ever come back to Sicily don't forget that you are welcome!
Kristina and Pinuccio
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing