“Perfect”

Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Taormina
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have just returned from 5 nights in this wonderful hotel, in a most beautiful place. From the moment you arrive, the staff are there to look after your every need. The rooms were superb, the housekeeping spotless. Breakfasts were wonderful, sitting on the terrace with that wonderful view. And the choice amazing.

The Restaurant Manager was magnificent. Remembering your name whenever he saw you! The food was delicious at every meal, and the knowledge of the staff regarding local wines was so helpful.

We will go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Johnw W
gm-timeo, Direttore at Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guests,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

I am so proud to read all your amazing words you found for the Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo and its unique staff and I am so delighted to learn that there was nothing we could have done better.
I hope you will give us soon the opportunity to welcoming you back to Sicily!

Warmest regards

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Superb hotel, and superb location.
Highly recommend this hotel.
Service impeccable.
Amenities were fantastic, highly recommend the boat ride.
Breakfast outstanding. Best I have ever had. Gluten Free and Dairy Free options.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you could not have been more pleased with your stay. I am truly glad you enjoyed the location and your words were much appreciated. We certainly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I have recently returned form our fourth visit to the Grand Hotel Timeo in Taormina. Despite the very best efforts of Mount Etna to disrupt our holiday we, once again, had a thoroughly enjoyable time in all respects. From the very moment we stepped out of the car on arrival to the very last moment, as one of the Hall Porters loaded our bags into the car on departure, we were treated in the most personable and friendly manner by every member of staff we met. Even the Beach and Pool staff at the sister hotel, the Villa Sant' Andrea, remembered our names from previous visits and chatted to us as though we were old friends during the day we spent by the sea. It is this genuinely warm welcome, premier service, meticulous attention to detail and, of course, the superb food and wine that bring us back again and again.

Our stay coincided with the Taormina Film Festival along with a number of wedding receptions in the stunning hotel grounds. Inevitably this meant that the hotel was, at times, very busy as a result. That said, I was very impressed by the fact that at no time did we feel "squeezed out" by these events, nor did we experience any reduction in service quality. The Timeo is a very well-oiled machine and knows exactly how to manage these events without any disruption to its residents.

Having made the booking in early January we requested the same Deluxe Junior Suite as we enjoyed last year with a marvellous view of the sea, Etna, the roof-tops of Taormina and the hotel pool and grounds. On arrival we were told that this room had unfortunately not been assigned to us as there had been a request for adjoining rooms by an earlier guest. That said, we were allocated an equivalent room in the same part of the hotel which turned out to be even better than the room we had requested. The Reception staff assured us that this would be the case, and they were absolutely right! The standard of housekeeping is top notch and absolutely nothing is too much trouble. The hotel building and grounds are immaculate. The breakfast buffet on the terrace is second to none, and the quality of the food, wine and service in the a la carte restaurant in the evening is first class. Daniele, the Maitre D', sets exactly the right tone in the restaurant, leading a highly efficient, yet friendly service team. And of course, the setting is possibly one of the most romantic and breath-taking that you are ever likely to find anywhere in the world. We opted for half-board this year, enabling us to eat either lunch or dinner in any of the restaurants or bars in either of the two hotels. This is an excellent arrangement and one we will most certainly repeat next year. The shuttle service between the two hotels runs on the hour and half-hour throughout the day up until midnight, making this dining flexibility entirely doable. And this review would not be complete without special mention of Pancrazio and the Pool Staff at the Timeo, namely Antonio and Alberto. They are the most attentive and friendly team of people we have ever encountered in any hotel we have stayed in.

In summary, this continues to rank as the best hotel we have experienced anywhere in the world, and we will most certainly be returning next year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank james125

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing comment on Tripadvisor!

We are so delighted to learn how much you enjoyed to be pampered by our unique staff and that your stay at the Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo was an unforgettable experience.
I am so pleased to see that so many of our exceptional team members made your stay truly memorable and provided 5 star service throughout.

My staff and I are already looking forward to welcoming you back to your Sicilian home many times.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed last week from june in grand hotel timeo , simply nr 1 experience ! Beautiful setting , garden, view ...
Staff very friendly , service spotless .... Great room in villa flora lot of eye for small details ...
Super breakfast , overlooking mount Etna
Really one of the best experience ever

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dankbaar

Dear Dankbaar,

We are delighted you left our hotel with the excellent impressions you describe. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we certainly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Timeo in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a grand hotel in any sense of the word grand , gorgeous location excellent staff beautiful views a real special experience .

The staff without exception are charming and always ready to help with s smile .
A vacation here in close proximity of the town and attractions is perfect .

A must if you visit Sicily , the only true five star hotel in this area

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JonathonSwitzerland
gm-timeo, Direttore at Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear JonathonS,

Thank you! We are really pleased to receive such pleasant feedback and it will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with the whole team!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to the Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo many times.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very little with which to find fault.

The head concierge, Stephen, was so helpful and kind. He spent ages trying to locate a special camera charger for me after I'd forgotten mine.

Everyone was great and the access to their sister hotel was perfect. We bounced between the two resort pools (via their shuttle) as each was lovely and had a great feel to it.

Breakfast is fab. Love the granitas.

We had booked elsewhere (this was a last minute trip and Timeo was full by the time we started looking for hotels). The hotel where we'd ended up was a nightmare so I went to Timeo, mentioned my earlier emails to make a booking (the previous week) and the trouble we were having with the hotel we ended up booking. They offered us a room at the usual rate and were nothing but helpful and happy to help us make a late checkin.

This hotel is so wonderful, it makes the holiday. Even a short break will leave you refreshed.

I'd go back to Taorimina just for this hotel (and we have already started making plans for this fall to do just that with some friends). This trip I took my mum for her birthday, but if hope to bring my husband back here or to another Belmond in the Autumn. He and anyone else who needs quick relaxation should go here. It works wonders!

My only area for improvement is perhaps the bedding but that's upto personal taste. My mum loved the linen sheets, I found them a bit itchy and would have really liked a feather duvet. That said, it didn't stop me from sleeping well.

The hotel is pricy but a good value (maybe not the diet cokes and water by the pool, but that's to be expected at such a place). It isn't cheap but it's a good value. I left happy with the purchase and you will too.

It's about as perfect as you can get and the feeling of calm you have after even a few hours is remarkable.

Room Tip: I've read reviews saying to avoid the villa rooms. We really enjoyed our room. It was set on two...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review and for your lovely words.

We are more than happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Timeo and appreciated our hospitality and service. I will be very pleased to share your kind comments with the whole hotel team.

We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have just returned from hotel Timeo after a weeks holiday with my parents. I never bother to write reviews, but felt compelled to share our wonderful experience. The hotel itself and the setting are stunning, but this is obvious from the brochures. What makes the hotel so special is the staff. We did not encounter one grumpy member of staff the whole time. The staff at the pool could not do enough to help you, the warmth and genuine friendliness was so refreshing. The same to be said of all the restaurant, both main restaurant and pool, and the bar staff. We were made to feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble.

One of my favourite parts of the day was enjoying a post dinner drink on the terrace overlooking Etna and soaking in the wonderful atmosphere.

The food was amazing, we ate in the hotel three evenings. The seafood was beautiful as was every other meal we had, and not silly prices. A bonus for me was gluten free pizza for lunch. A rare treat on holiday as I am coeliac.

The rooms are stunning, so comfortable with a super view of Etna from the balcony. My only, very minor, complaint is that there was no mirror near a plug socket in order to dry my hair! But this is the case in almost all hotels. Clearly not designed by girls.....

A truly wonderful, memorable holiday and we all can't wait to return next year. I would happily have stayed longer if not missing my dogs, horses and cats!

My ratings below, we had no children in our party and did not visit the spa, so I can't really rate them!

Thank you so much for most possibly the best holiday of my life.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Elizabeth G
gm-timeo, Direttore at Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Elizabeth,

I truly appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful review about your recent experience in Belmond Grand Hotel Timeo. Definitely, comments such as your uplift our spirit! There is nothing more rewarding for us to see than a satisfied guest.

Your comments are really encouraging and appreciated and it will be my pleasure to pass them on to the whole hotel team.

Timeo Family looks forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back soon to sunny Taormina.

Kindest regards