My wife and I spent a week at the San Domenico Palace Hotel in September 2012. We arranged a transfer from the airport through the hotel and the arrangements went very well. The Hotel gave a very good first impression, we ate in the restaurant and the fish was excellent. Our first night was spoiled by being woken regularly all through the night with the sound of an electrical motor starting and stopping and with the sound of glass bottles being emptied into bins from time to time. The next morning the reception staff were very responsive in resolving the problem and we were upgraded to a superior room that was free from noise. The breakfast service and selection of foods were the highlights for us, they were superb. The pool was also a favourite. The location was ideal for the main shopping areas, the Greek Temple, and local gardens. We walked up to Castelmola one morning (when it was cloudy and cooler) and it was well worth the effort. We also took advantage of some local tours however going to the top of Mount Etna was the highlight. We were lucky that there was no cloud on the volcano that day, the view was fantastic. We can recommend Taormina as a relaxing resort and the hotel as a very good home for a week. It would have been 5 star but for the noisy room on the first night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for renovation. Opening date to be announced soon. A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily