The hotel itself is great, large courtyards, long hall ways, incredible view from the terrace, pleasant swimming pool area and is located conveniently off the main road. The rooms are clean, nice and have a slightly older feel about them (which suits the look of the place). The only downside was the noise around our room. We were next door to one of the cleaners rooms and there seemed to be racket every so often throughout the night which made it difficult to get a decent nights sleep. There also seemed to be people collecting bottles most morning in the street outside our window. Would recommend that you ensure you get a room away from the cleaners rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily