My wife and I stayed here in June to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. The day we arrived was the final day of the Taormina film festival and so the reception area was manic with film people, all a bit hooray if you asked me! We wondered what we had let ourselves in for but by the next day they had all gone, bar for a few stragglers.
The view from our room was exceptional, for the occasion we couldn't have wished for anything better. The room itself was was typical of one being in such an old historical building, not lavish but functional, well kept and clean.
The buffet breakfast on the terrace was something to look forward to each day, it is like being on a filmset, the food was good too.
On our anniversary and to our surprise the hotel management delivered a bottle of Prosecco to our room at lunchtime, a very nice thought indeed. We felt the hotel staff could not do enough for you whether in the bar, the pool or the restaurant and the reception desk were always helpful.
The location of the hotel was about as good as it gets, more than enough restaurants to choose from and all very capable. The shops on the main street were excellent and the whole place had a great buzz about it.
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the hotel to anyone, indeed we may return there next year for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for renovation. Opening date to be announced soon. A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily