The hotel is beautiful and well situated. The gardens are particularly lovely. Our room was large with a nice seating area and 2 bathrooms (fab!). My only complaint about the room was the musty smell and as the hotel recommended not to open the windows due to Mosquitos then there was very little to be done about it. Breakfast was plentiful and good quality - especially the orange juice which was the nicest I've tasted. The staff at breakfast service could perhaps be a little more attentive and friendlier but overall I would recommend a stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for renovation. Opening date to be announced soon. A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily